What are you watching now that sports are canceled?

By George.

Starter
I’ll start -

Better Call Saul - a sequel to Breaking Bad, I’ve fallen a little behind and catching up now. Gus from BB is now a main character and I’m here for it.

High Maintenance- HBO show about a weed delivery guy, really depicts the city well. It’s pure as it focuses on new characters every episode. It’s super unique and not for everyone. I’d start with the webisodes on youtube and if you like it, continue the series on HBO.

Cheer - if you’re missing the Mason cheer squad, watch this documentary about Cheerleading on Netflix. It’s done by the same people that do Next Chance U (also worth watching). It’s really well done. It’s a lock that every cheerleader on that squad is more athletic than you.

How will you guys self quarantine?

gmutom

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
Better Call Saul is getting really good, especially as more of the Breaking Bad characters start to emerge.

I've been watching the Amazon series Goliath, starring Billy Bob Thornton. Pretty good so far.

I'm psyched for the new season of Ozark coming up on Netflix later this month.

For those with Apple TV, the first season of The Morning Show with Jennifer Aniston, Steve Carrell and Reese Witherspoon is solid entertainment.

If you are looking for a shorter series, When They See Us is a 4-episode series on the Central Park Five case in NYC back in the late 1980s.

Two Netflix movies worth watching: Dolemite Is My Name, starring Eddie Murphy in a fantastic comeback performance; and 6 Underground, a Michael Bay-directed action flick with Ryan Reynolds.

OP
By George.

By George.

Starter
Better Call Saul is getting really good, especially as more of the Breaking Bad characters start to emerge.

I've been watching the Amazon series Goliath, starring Billy Bob Thornton. Pretty good so far.

I'm psyched for the new season of Ozark coming up on Netflix later this month.

For those with Apple TV, the first season of The Morning Show with Jennifer Aniston, Steve Carrell and Reese Witherspoon is solid entertainment.

If you are looking for a shorter series, When They See Us is a 4-episode series on the Central Park Five case in NYC back in the late 1980s.

Two Netflix movies worth watching: Dolemite Is My Name, starring Eddie Murphy in a fantastic comeback performance; and 6 Underground, a Michael Bay-directed action flick with Ryan Reynolds.

Well done, will check out both movies you suggested and report back.

tblack33

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Chernobyl blew my mind, I was born the year after so only knew the basics. Great short series.

Mandalorian - what were your thoughts?

Big mandalorian fan here, I thought it was really well done considering the limitations (30 min episodes, no blockbuster budget for CGI). If you are a star wars fan, even casually, it’s a must watch IMO.

GreenLantern

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Big mandalorian fan here, I thought it was really well done considering the limitations (30 min episodes, no blockbuster budget for CGI). If you are a star wars fan, even casually, it’s a must watch IMO.
Agree with this! There were a couple episodes in the middle that kind of lost it's way but the entire arc was spectacular!

GreenLantern

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Chernobyl blew my mind, I was born the year after so only knew the basics. Great short series.

Mandalorian - what were your thoughts?
Chernobyl was my favorite series from last year. Now the director is going to adapt the classic video game The Last of Us for HBO. I am stoked!

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Just finished Fargo season 3...the show is getting progressively derivative, but it's fun watching for the Coen Brother's Easter eggs still.

Might start in on the last season of Homeland, but I don’t know.

Homecoming was an interesting series on Amazon if you haven’t seen it yet.

Also going to try to catch up on my reading now that I don’t have to teach in person. Just finished Grand Union by Zadie Smith. Got Underworld by Don DeLillo staring at me. Will also read Poet From Space today.

Five Two

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
6 Underground, a Michael Bay-directed action flick with Ryan Reynolds.
I got 30 minutes in and turned it off.

Stuff I've watched recently:

Netflix's Messiah had was decent; thought it could've been better

Amazon's Man in the High Castle final season was ok. The first season was a bit slow and then picked up speed.

A+ on the Mandalorian

Mrs Maisel on Amazon is good. Its the one thing my wife and I can watch together.

Hulu's Handmaid's Tale is a bit disturbing but entertaining

2nd season of Jack Ryan on Amazon was better than the first season, IMO.

I really like Mindhunter on Netflix, but was meh on The Family

GSII

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
NARCOS, all of them. Might start Game of Thrones from season 1. Maybe Entrouage too. That should hold me til April.

Five Two

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
NARCOS, all of them. Might start Game of Thrones from season 1. Maybe Entrouage too. That should hold me til April.
I re-watched GOT last fall and it was more enjoyable because I knew how all the characters fit in from the very start.

Falco

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
I missed the Mason PIG game. So I watched that on ESPN + last night. Damn did AJ look good.