Pikapppatri8

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
34370141.jpg

Earl the Squirrel

Sixth Man
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
I first read the header of this thread to say that we signed Wayne Newton and thought it was some kind of Vegas naming rights deal for the arena. I'm relieved to see it is Woody and not Wayne that will be joining us next year.
Wayne Newton had a successful singing career but he was also a very good spot-up shooter, who valued the basketball.

Earl the Squirrel

Sixth Man
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Wayne Newton had a successful singing career but he was also a very good spot-up shooter, who valued the basketball.
Judging from the highlight reel, Woody Newton appears to have perfected the three-point "bank" shot.

Kidding aside, I love this pick up. Hat tip to Tony and staff (wink: Lamar). Very intrigued with how he can help on the defensive end and seems like a kid with A LOT of upside on the offensive side of the court. Welcome Woody!

Patriotsince81

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
There has been no press release on Woody to date. He is also not listed on our roster page. Everyone else from the portal had a press release and is currently listed on our roster. Anyone have any insight as to why this is the case?

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
There has been no press release on Woody to date. He is also not listed on our roster page. Everyone else from the portal had a press release and is currently listed on our roster. Anyone have any insight as to why this is the case?
Probably waiting to see if he gets a waiver to play right away. I highly doubt he is interested in hanging out for a full year on the bench at Mason.

Jack Strop

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Probably waiting to see if he gets a waiver to play right away. I highly doubt he is interested in hanging out for a full year on the bench at Mason.
All Woody has to say to the NCAA is that his coach hollered at him once during practice for not having his shirt tucked in for wind-sprints and he'll be granted a transfer waiver.

Verdad

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Tre Burton just entered the portal - still plenty of moves to be made and time to do it. No shortage of targets to fill the remaining open slots.

I think its possible that CTS is happy with the 10 we have and can be a little more selective and take his time with remaining spots.

We likely have our top 8 players already.