Attachments

• CKE-heart.jpg
    CKE-heart.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 7,655
Last edited by a moderator:

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Goff reporting it too. Interesting name included in Goff’s tweet that no one else reported: Mike Miller was under consideration.

GMU_DCU

All-Conference
Will be interesting to see if Kim has players he's been recruiting for Tennessee that he can convince to come to Mason or former targets that have entered the portal recently.

OP
Patriot8

Patriot8

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Now that this is out there publicly, I can tell you a pretty cool story.

I produce Tennessee's weekly coaches call-in show, Vol Calls. Rick Barnes is a frequent on-site guest, and last night he came out and spent 30 minutes with us to wrap up the season, wish the Lady Vols good luck, etc. He absolutely did not have to do this given our early tournament exit, but that's the kind of guy Rick is.

He knows that I'm a Mason grad, so we talk about them once or twice a year. Before the show, I asked if the rumors of Kim English to Mason were true, and he said that he thought they would get a deal done. He had recently talked with Brad, and thought Kim had a good chance. So we go through the show, and afterwards Barnes was hanging out with a couple of us as he typically does, and his phone starts ringing. He looks at his phone, smiles at me, and shows me that Kim English is calling him. Sure enough, he was calling to let him know that the deal was done.

Barnes is thrilled for him, and believes he will be extremely successful. He echo'd his own positive thoughts on the Mason job and his time there, said that he considers the DMV the best recruiting area in the world, and also told me the story of George Johnson trying to convince him not to take the Providence job.

It's a great day to be a Patriot.

TweederGMU

All-Conference
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
WELCOME KIM! BOOM!

Great hire. Eiher him or Caputo would of been grand slams. This guy can apparently do it all.

Will be interesting to see what Assistants he hires.

Quentin Daniels

Hall of Famer
Now that this is out there publicly, I can tell you a pretty cool story.

I produce Tennessee's weekly coaches call-in show, Vol Calls. Rick Barnes is a frequent on-site guest, and last night he came out and spent 30 minutes with us to wrap up the season, wish the Lady Vols good luck, etc. He absolutely did not have to do this given our early tournament exit, but that's the kind of guy Rick is.

He knows that I'm a Mason grad, so we talk about them once or twice a year. Before the show, I asked if the rumors of Kim English to Mason were true, and he said that he thought they would get a deal done. He had recently talked with Brad, and thought Kim had a good chance. So we go through the show, and afterwards Barnes was hanging out with a couple of us as he typically does, and his phone starts ringing. He looks at his phone, smiles at me, and shows me that Kim English is calling him. Sure enough, he was calling to let him know that the deal was done.

Barnes is thrilled for him, and believes he will be extremely successful. He echo'd his own positive thoughts on the Mason job and his time there, said that he considers the DMV the best recruiting area in the world, and also told me the story of George Johnson trying to convince him not to take the Providence job.

It's a great day to be a Patriot.

Love Barnes.

If a couple UT players decide to hit the portal looking for more minutes, maybe Big Ticket Gaines or even Anosike, wouldn't mind if CKE snapped them up.

gmutom

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
It's a great day to be a Mason fan! I know he's young with a lot to prove, but that's what excites me the most about this hire. Not only will he recruit the f-ck out of the DC area, but he will be open to grad transfers, players in the transfer portal and JUCOs. Welcome to George Mason, Coach English!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.