Welcome Kim English

Status
Not open for further replies.

jessej

All-Conference
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
i am not a lawyer but
i wonder if anyone in either the GMU or Providence Athletic Departments have thought about copyrighting

"Rock With Us"
and/or
"Mindset"

or variations thereof

HoopsAdmin

Administrator
Staff member
i am not a lawyer but
i wonder if anyone in either the GMU or Providence Athletic Departments have thought about copyrighting

"Rock With Us"
and/or
"Mindset"

or variations thereof
I was saying this on Twitter the other day...

Not that I want to be mean or spiteful, but aren't these taglines considered the intellectual property of GMU because they were created in the employment of the school?

The Great PATSby

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
i am not a lawyer but

"Rock With Us"
and/or
"Mindset"

or variations thereof
Or their use of Mason pictures and doing logo and jersey swaps to make it look like Providence

JPgmuswim

Starter

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Adidas would simply tell the bookstore it was not worth their time to create such merchandise for them to sell.

They’d have to go off-brand.

JPgmuswim

Starter
The school can produce and market these and have them made by their official sponsor Nike less than a week after announcing their new coach.

Wonder what that’s like.
2C1DB8DC-1340-45E6-A2C1-2C571F5BF064.jpeg

This schools marketing takes no damn time.

GMUSSTN

Starter
GIVING DAY 2023
I always thought it was a little hokey...same with the "rock with us" stuff. But players can and do buy into it and make it a thing, so I never paid it much mind.

Pretty clear now that KE has it as his established "brand" which I guess is fine. It's just weird to see it on top of everything he...uh..."accomplished" at Mason and being thrust through the brown-and-white colors of Providence like it actually means something. Maybe it does, and will, to the Prov squad moreso than it did for us, but I feel like for Mason fans it's just a repackaging of two years of sustained irrelevance that never amounted to the kind of success one would expect to have before your coach quadruples his salary and moves off to the big time.

In short, it's WEIRD because we were fed all this stuff for two years during which we accomplished about as much as we did without it.

jessej

All-Conference
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
1) I am surprised that someone at GMU did not trademark/copyright protect all of the slogans
2) How many have burned their "Rock With Us" t-shirts?

Status
Not open for further replies.