Welcome Kim English

Status
Not open for further replies.

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
This is part of the problem. Why can't they communicate updates on things that would drive serious buzz and excitement around the program? And again, it's been SIX years since they announced the Practice Facility project.

From what I understand, the university put a hold on phase II because they decided they needed to do something about EBA and were conflicted about renovation vs. new build and apparently a more comprehensive basketball facility is tied to this decision (meaning they don’t necessarily want to build out the RAC anymore). This was announced a few years ago by Brad Edwards, but they’ve been silent ever since.

I suppose they’ve got a plan now? Waiting on a new AD to roll it out?

EXpatriot13

All-Conference
GIVING DAY 2023
From what I understand, the university put a hold on phase II because they decided they needed to do something about EBA and were conflicted about renovation vs. new build and apparently a more comprehensive basketball facility is tied to this decision (meaning they don’t necessarily want to build out the RAC anymore). This was announced a few years ago by Brad Edwards, but they’ve been silent ever since.

Appreciate the insight. I think this just further illustrates the lack of cohesion, strategic planning, and forward thinking that exists throughout the Admin/AD.

Announce a project in 2016, crickets. Same project comes up again in 2018 when Brad is extended, crickets. Scrapping that plan for a new plan in 2021?...crickets.

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Something very good is coming on this front
Yes and many of us have heard the rumblings. But it’s like a top secret project like everything always is.
This is part of the problem. Why can't they communicate updates on things that would drive serious buzz and excitement around the program? And again, it's been SIX years since they announced the Practice Facility project.
Yep, part of many problems. Why is something like this hush hush and very word of mouth is something I’ll never get.

If there’s ever a time to throw “ok here’s how we are all in, it’s today.

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Yes and many of us have heard the rumblings. But it’s like a top secret project like everything always is.

Yep, part of many problems. Why is something like this hush hush and very word of mouth is something I’ll never get.

They were more talkative about an Opera House in Prince William County when that was announced than they are about the premiere arena on the main campus.

FlPatriot

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023

In my experience this indicates non-serious prattle.

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023

This is accurate but the deeper problem is why has this taken 6 years to figure out? Good grief. This should have been like a 2 year thing at most.

Jack Strop

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
"...higher ups either in athletics or the university aren’t as invested in the program as we’d all like."
This is exactly what I ran into a few years back when I created and distributed a student cheer guide during the homecoming game. When word got out to some of the athletic department staff, they expressed wild enthusiasm for it and loved the effort. I wanted to make it a fixture for all games. However, before I could organize distribution at the next home game, I was told by the same staff that they no longer approved. It was easy to discern that the turnabout in attitude was being manipulated by a higher authority. My question is, "who"? Who is the element behind the disapproval? I say "is" because obviously that element, after at least four years, still resides and is employed at Mason.

Status
Not open for further replies.