Welcome Justin Kier

Pikapppatri8

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
I would take him back.

Hopefully he isn't looking to return home to Harrisonburg. It does appear that JMU made a good coaching hire.

Our coach is better and going to JMU is not going to improve the last year of his career. But he might have different plans.

He15man

Starter
Wow... this is bizarre. He didn't have a bad season at Georgia, so i can't imagine what's really driving this. Maybe he really his homesick and wants to be closer to family....

jessej

All-Conference
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
1) I am wondering what does all of this transfering do to a player's ability to get a degree while they can still play on scholarship?

2) who in the DMV has or can make a scholarship slot for him
3) which of those teams can make it to the NCAA Tourney (via League Championship)?
and
4) and which of those team can he get on the court with?

off the top of my head (not including us)
UVA
Maryland
UMBC
VT
vcu
Richmond
Liberty

2nd tier
MEAC School (Howard/Morgan/Coppin)
Loyola
JMU
Georgetown
American
GWU

Naval Academy is not an option

gmutom

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
Expectations for our program have risen dramatically since Justin left for greener pastures, but I do appreciate his service to our school and would gladly welcome him home as a preferred walk-on if he so chooses to return. :cool:

tblack33

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Wow... this is bizarre. He didn't have a bad season at Georgia, so i can't imagine what's really driving this. Maybe he really his homesick and wants to be closer to family....
5th best player on the 10th worst team in the league does not equal pro prospects, even for overseas. I’ve said it in other threads, Justin transferring to UGA was the worst thing he could have done for his pro career prospects.

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
5th best player on the 10th worst team in the league does not equal pro prospects, even for overseas. I’ve said it in other threads, Justin transferring to UGA was the worst thing he could have done for his pro career prospects.
100% would’ve been better off staying at Mason, but we’re all young once and you can’t tell young people anything ... they have to go learn it for themselves (mostly the hard way).

On the plus side, had he stayed Mason’s record probably wouldn’t have justified firing DP and we wouldn’t have Kim, so ... thanks for doing us a huge solid, Justin!!!!

JPgmuswim

Starter
100% would’ve been better off staying at Mason, but we’re all young once and you can’t tell young people anything ... they have to go learn it for themselves (mostly the hard way).

On the plus side, had he stayed Mason’s record probably wouldn’t have justified firing DP and we wouldn’t have Kim, so ... thanks for doing us a huge solid, Justin!!!
This just made me appreciate Justin that much more. The selfless sacrifice he made to move our program forward. He’s a great kid and will always be a Patriot, I look forward to seeing him back in the stands with some of our other basketball alum soon.

He15man

Starter
makes sense

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
All the best to Justin. I did see he wants to play closer to home so I am not sure what that means. I am sure JMU is quickly on the phone with him.

I'd love him back at Mason but right now Mason is full. Hopefully GW vcu or ODU don't end up with him and he ends up at UVA.

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
1) I am wondering what does all of this transfering do to a player's ability to get a degree while they can still play on scholarship?
I can't imagine you can transfer credits from one graduate degree program to another. I don't think getting an MA is really the point of a grad transfer though.

TweederGMU

All-Conference
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Jesus.... give the kid a break you all. Some things transcend basketball. He's a Patriot and will always be one.

I'm pretty positive he needs to be closer to his family, I think his mom is bedridden (paralyzed and blind) so this has a lot to do with it I'm sure, especially in Covid times.

JMU would make sense. VT has 2 schollies left for this year I believe. Liberty and Radford are not too far from where he is from.

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Honestly any of the PGs and you could play him for stretches at the 3 against small ball teams. He’d immediately be one of the better defenders on our roster.

Probably a bigger question mark at the 4. So maybe Polite, Cooper, Kier, Schwartz, Oduro would be the safest pick.