Welcome Justin Kier

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
https://www.si.com/college/georgia/news/justin-kier-commits-to-georgia:

"While Kier played the 2-guard spot at George Mason, his role in that offense wasn't a traditional one. From time to time, Kier often cut back and forth at the top of the key, which didn't always allow for him to get the cleanest look. He'll get an opportunity to play on the wing more often than not at Georgia, which should allow for higher percentage shots, and in turn, a higher three point percentage.

On the offensive side, Kier shows a lot of potential in his ability to move without the ball, finish at the rim in traffic, and shoot consistently in catch-and-shoot situations. At 6'4 200 pounds, Kier has the perfect frame for a 2-guard in Tom Crean's system. In his 2018-2019 campaign, the last full season of basketball he's played, Kier averaged 14.5 PPG on 47.1% shooting and 6.5 RPG.

As for defense, Kier also does a solid job of making ball handlers pay for loose handles. In his career, he's averaging just above 1 steal per outing.

Expect Kier to be in great position to have a starting spot from Day 1 given his shooting ability and experience. This allows the Bulldogs to develop K.D. Johnson without having to put too much pressure on him in his freshman year."

This was written by a high school student. So sad to see what Maven has done to the SI brand. :vomit:

sleeperpick

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Agreed. So much of what I’ve seen written about him mischaracterizes his game or is just flat out wrong.
agreed... they obviously know very little about his actual game. He makes threes but can he really be characterized as a gunner and three point shooter? That is an added part of his game that tends to work when he is wide open or off a great kick out pass... hopefully he is fully healthy so he can slash and play great defense again. Kid always gets a ton of steals but also plays ole defense quite a bit.

SEC defenses are going to be a lot longer and bigger than he faced in A10... wish him the best

Pablo

Hall of Famer

Petey Pandemic

@peteybuckets

·
Apr 27

Congrats to Justin and hope it works out for the best. My lasting memory will be his 14 straight against Bona in the A10 QF two years ago. Team just didn't have it but Justin was sensational.

16:18 GOOD JUMPER by KIER, JUSTIN (in the paint) 27
logo_handler.ashx
39 (+12)
15:33 GOOD JUMPER by KIER, JUSTIN (in the paint) 29
logo_handler.ashx
42 (+13)
14:57 STEAL by KIER, JUSTIN
14:55 GOOD FT by KIER, JUSTIN 30
logo_handler.ashx
42 (+12)
14:55 GOOD FT by KIER, JUSTIN 31
logo_handler.ashx
42 (+11)
14:23 MISS 3PTR by KIER, JUSTIN
13:39 GOOD LAYUP by KIER, JUSTIN (in the paint) 33
logo_handler.ashx
42 (+9)
12:46 GOOD FT by KIER, JUSTIN 34
logo_handler.ashx
45 (+11)
12:46 GOOD FT by KIER, JUSTIN 35
logo_handler.ashx
45 (+10)
12:17 GOOD LAYUP by KIER, JUSTIN (fastbreak) (in the paint) 37
logo_handler.ashx
45 (+8)
11:48 GOOD LAYUP by KIER, JUSTIN (in the paint) 39
logo_handler.ashx
47 (+8)

Petey Buckets

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️

Petey Pandemic

@peteybuckets

·
Apr 27

Congrats to Justin and hope it works out for the best. My lasting memory will be his 14 straight against Bona in the A10 QF two years ago. Team just didn't have it but Justin was sensational.

logo_handler.ashx
39 (+12)
logo_handler.ashx
42 (+13)
logo_handler.ashx
42 (+12)
logo_handler.ashx
42 (+11)
logo_handler.ashx
42 (+9)
logo_handler.ashx
45 (+11)
logo_handler.ashx
45 (+10)
logo_handler.ashx
45 (+8)
logo_handler.ashx
47 (+8)

We've all forgotten about it because it was a disappointing ending to a brutal season, but that sequence from Justin was outrageous. Otis's ankle was failing him and Reuter had nothing left in the tank. Being courtside to watch him take over, he's special man. I'll miss him. One of the only players that makes me turn into Jon Gruden when I talk about him.

Patriot8

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
If Pons returns instead of staying in the NBA draft, he'll eat his lunch.
Pons is a freak. His pregame dunk show is a sight to behold.

I’m very interested to see Kier play at this level. If Pons isn’t guarding him, it will most likely be 5-star Jaden Springer, 5-star Keon Johnson, or 5-star Josiah Jordan-James.

Last edited:

JimP

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️

Petey Pandemic

@peteybuckets

·
Apr 27

logo_handler.ashx
39 (+12)
logo_handler.ashx
42 (+13)
logo_handler.ashx
42 (+12)
logo_handler.ashx
42 (+11)
logo_handler.ashx
42 (+9)
logo_handler.ashx
45 (+11)
logo_handler.ashx
45 (+10)
logo_handler.ashx
45 (+8)
logo_handler.ashx
47 (+8)

Attended GMU at Duquesne - I believe it was Kier's sophomore season. It was the first time I realized how good Kier is. Team down the whole game, but he had a great 2nd half to help get it to OT. Eventual loss unfortunately.

psyclone

Hall of Famer
Quite the memories!

I do hope his injury doesn't turn him into Marcus Evans, although in fairness, Evans had many more injuries over his career.

Wish him the best..an outstanding representative of our program in every aspect.