Welcome Joel Kabimba

FreeGunston12

All-American
Good for you and your wife. Whoopie!
And how do you know they are not taking a roster spot? Might UR not be able to offer a scholarship to a HS kid because he's being blocked by somebody pursuing another degree (or, just as likely, not wanting to face the real world?)
Because if seniors stayed at their current school after last year, they don't count against the max number of scholarships.

I also have to laugh a little bit at the thought of a graduating D1 scholarship basketball player being "afraid of the real world".

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Good for you and your wife. Whoopie!
And how do you know they are not taking a roster spot? Might UR not be able to offer a scholarship to a HS kid because he's being blocked by somebody pursuing another degree (or, just as likely, not wanting to face the real world?)
Yep, nothing like needing to be overqualified to be in academia! I keep thinking about going back for round 4 so I could teach a wider variety of classes, but I don't know if I've got the energy for that.

I know because the NCAA has said seniors staying for their extra COVID year of eligibility will not count against the roster cap.

These are Richmond's scholarship players for next season:

Freshman: Jason Nelson, Malcolm Dread, Marcus Randolph, Aidan Noyes
Sophomores: Isaiah Wilson, Djimon Bailey
Juniors: Connor Crabtree, Tyler Burton
Seniors: Andre Gustavson, Souleymane Koureissi, Matt Grace
Grad Students: Jacob Gilyard, Nick Sherod, Nathan Cayo, Grant Golden

Total scholarships: 15

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
Yep, nothing like needing to be overqualified to be in academia! I keep thinking about going back for round 4 so I could teach a wider variety of classes, but I don't know if I've got the energy for that.

I know because the NCAA has said seniors staying for their extra COVID year of eligibility will not count against the roster cap.

With that roster it’s no wonder Mooney begged his super seniors to stay for one more year. They’re in the PIG without those guys

GMU79

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Because if seniors stayed at their current school after last year, they don't count against the max number of scholarships.

I also have to laugh a little bit at the thought of a graduating D1 scholarship basketball player being "afraid of the real world".
I didn't know that...about the scholarships not counting against the roster cap. Thanks.
As far as being afraid of the real world, maybe so, maybe not. But being a D1 bball player doesn't make one any more mature than the next person.

GMU79

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023

You and FreeGunston set me straight on the scholarship issue. Thanks.

gmubrian

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
If I need a signature to look nice, like I'm sending a thank you note to a client, I'll legit ask my wife to sign my name for me as my handwriting is such an abomination.
I hear you. At this point, I think my wife's signature may now be considered my legal signature more so than mine.

Quentin Daniels

Hall of Famer
I hear you. At this point, I think my wife's signature may now be considered my legal signature more so than mine.

Overheard at my divorce:

Judge: Well Mr. Daniels, it appears you've signed absolutely everything over to your wife as part of the divorce agreement.
Me: Wait...what??
Judge: Yes, right here on the bottom of the agreement.
Me: No, your honor that's a forgery.
Judge: Mr. Daniels, we've compared your signature to numerous other documents and it matches perfectly.
Me: F*ck!

emjayar08

Sixth Man
Greg was probably one of the worst big men in GMU history. no doubt. he got progressively worse every year since his freshmen year. He had a great attitude though.
Maybe one of the lesser big men that got meaningful minutes. But there's plenty of big men that were worse than him in recent years.

Konate, Urbina, Paris Bennett, Okoloji, Royal, Relvao all contributed less than Calixte.

Patriotsince81

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
My all time fav ;) Nik Mirich aka "The Blunder From Down Under". Jones can redeem the Aussies in my eyes. But again, we digress....... back to Kabimba.