Welcome Joel Kabimba

GSII

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
Deon Cooper. Mr. Tennessee. Seems like he never even got minutes under Coach L. He would be my biggest let down player.

Petey Buckets

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Got to watch Mason's practice the other day and they ran a 3-man drill where the bigs get the ball at the top of the key, facing the basket, and then have to make a quick pass to a cutter or a shooter. It made me feel terrible for Greg, who spent half of his time on the floor at the top of the key, with the ball, facing away from the basket, desperately looking for someone to hand off to.

Petey Buckets

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
And remember, without Sammy hitting a 3 in the last minute against Georgia State in the CAAT, the Final Four run never happens. Might be the most important shot made in program history.

Didn't he also hit a 3 to stop the bleeding early against UNC? I think we were down 16-2 five minutes in and he hit a 3 to make it 16-5 and settle us down a little bit. Yuuuuge onions.

HoopsAdmin

Administrator
Staff member
Didn't he also hit a 3 to stop the bleeding early against UNC? I think we were down 16-2 five minutes in and he hit a 3 to make it 16-5 and settle us down a little bit. Yuuuuge onions.
Yuuuge. Someone needs to do an interview with him about those moments. Or a short documentary even. If only we had some fans/journos that could pull this off. Wink, wink.

Old Man

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
I have no good or bad feel for this, but I hope he enjoyed his cup of coffee. Good luck wherever you land, Joel.

Mason32

Starter
It made sense to me once Mbaye backed out of his commitment. Seems like Kabimba wound up being behind Blake Jones as the fourth option (once English maybe decided Blake wasn't a 4 in his system -- or at least right now?)
6'10" kid who can't play the 4 or 5. I really want to like this kid but I feel like he's going to f up our roster for 3 years and he'll get concessions because he's that Aussie that Nate brought in.

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
6'10" kid who can't play the 4 or 5. I really want to like this kid but I feel like he's going to f up our roster for 3 years and he'll get concessions because he's that Aussie that Nate brought in.

He’s a freshman, so a little patience. He’s a smart player and there is a lot to like about his potential.

I was hoping he could develop into a good 4, especially if Cooper leaves (because you could move Gaines to the 3 and Fernandez can play the 2), but if he turns into a 3-point shooting 5 off the bench I’m fine with it.

And if he doesn’t develop? He’ll be recruited over and either sit 12th or 13th on the bench (you always need practice players) or he will transfer just like everyone else.