Welcome Jamal Hartwell

Petey Buckets

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
As for why we didn’t win with Otis, playing with no forwards and 8 available scholarship players might do that to a team. I wouldn’t blame it on his height.
81's hate boner for Otis is the strangest thing. Otis's junior year might be the best individual season we had in the last ten years, but sure it's his fault Boyd and Mar were playing the 4 and 5.

Quentin Daniels

Hall of Famer
81's hate boner for Otis is the strangest thing. Otis's junior year might be the best individual season we had in the last ten years, but sure it's his fault Boyd and Mar were playing the 4 and 5.

Seriously. 17.3 Pts, 4.4 Assts, 1.0 Stls, and 38.2% from the 3-pt line

That's the guy you really want to be complaining about 2 years after he graduated??? That's a higher scoring average than Lamar Butler, Will Thomas, Tony Skinn, Folarin Campbell, Cam Long, or Sherrod Wright ever had.

It's even higher (slightly) that Ryan Pearson when he was the conference MVP.

GSII

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
Seriously. 17.3 Pts, 4.4 Assts, 1.0 Stls, and 38.2% from the 3-pt line

That's the guy you really want to be complaining about 2 years after he graduated??? That's a higher scoring average than Lamar Butler, Will Thomas, Tony Skinn, Folarin Campbell, Cam Long, or Sherrod Wright ever had.

It's even higher (slightly) that Ryan Pearson when he was the conference MVP.
Cool. We had one good.player carrying that sorry excuse for a coach's team for 3 years before he fell apart his senior year. Big picture my man, big picture

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
Cool. We had one good.player carrying that sorry excuse for a coach's team for 3 years before he fell apart his senior year. Big picture my man, big picture
The point is, whatever problems people had with Dave most certainly weren’t Otis’ fault. If anything he covered up Dave’s recruiting weakness by being individually brilliant. Suggesting he should’ve been recruited over by his second year is ... something.

Quentin Daniels

Hall of Famer

I honestly haven't any idea what "bigger picture" you're referring to. The comment was about something very specific.

News flash, it's simultaneously possible for a team to be underperforming and at the very same time, have at least one or more exceptional players. It's not a binary choice between praising one and criticizing the other.

Let's throw Sherrod Wright under the bus for the Hewitt years too. Or Marquise Moore or Shevon Thompson.

Quentin Daniels

Hall of Famer
The point is, whatever problems people had with Dave most certainly weren’t Otis’ fault. If anything he covered up Dave’s recruiting weakness by being individually brilliant. Suggesting he should’ve been recruited over by his second year is ... something.

Exactly! Was it really that hard to understand??? Or are some just willfully obtuse?

Patriotsince81

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
Some people appear to take this board and what is said WAY to seriously. If all this anger/debate is directed at my post, get over it. I offered an opinion which I am entitled to and a fact. No where did I say Otis sucked. Thanks @Petey Buckets for stirring the pot with the boner comment. You didn't need to be a dick about it, pun intended. I tried to lighten it up by laughing at myself, to no avail. Cue the infantile personal insults.....

Last edited:

Pikapppatri8

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
Some people appear to take this board and what is said WAY to seriously. If all this anger/debate is directed at my post, get over it. I offered an opinion which I am entitled to and a fact. No where did I say Otis sucked. Thanks @Petey Buckets for stirring the pot. I tried to lighten it up by laughing at myself, to no avail. Cue the infantile personal insults.....

Dude as a 100% free speech person - I am for all opinions and points of view. But the flip side of that is debate and responses to statements. You cannot have one without the other.

But props to lightening it up and self-deprecating humor. I use a mirror for that. ;)

OP
S

sleeperpick

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Now back to the grand debate about Jamal........
Jamal kinda sucks and being -.8 or whatever doesn’t change my opinion of that. Also to @GMUgemini thanks for bringing up Polites - numbers because when I said he was horrible on defense folks that like Ronny outside of the court said I was making all of that up. He was putrid until the last week of the season on defense and putrid 85% of the entire season on offense. Do I think he will be a hell of a lot better this year? Hell ya but I’m happy KE seems to be recruiting the PG position hard because I personally don’t see Ronny moving the needle at the position. You can’t be a minus defender and not be able to hit the broad side of a barn outside of the paint on offense and play the majority of mins at that position in this league. In my opinion again.
Also OTis was BAE. Wish DP didn’t run him into the ground his senior year. I loved that kid more than AJ and that’s saying something for me