Welcome Coach Tony Skinn!

TweederGMU

All-Conference
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
I'm just thinking about the first home game of the season. EBA is going to go crazy for Tony Skinn's first game as a head coach, being able to do it for his alma mater, it's going to be amazing. EBA is going to be so loud!
You would think, but Mason being Mason, the old fogies will just cheer in the beginning. And doubt the students know all about Skinn since his tenure was 15+ years ago and most of them don't look up from their phones most of the time. Hopefully they can bring back a Patriot Platoon/booster program and instill some history and pride in to these students and get them caught up of our greatness back then and understand Tony's impact on Mason.

I do hope our Mason PR/Media teams make a dope a** compilation video of Tony's playing times here and unleashes that to the crowd for the 1st game. Gotta pay homage.

tblack33

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
You would think, but Mason being Mason, the old fogies will just cheer in the beginning. And doubt the students know all about Skinn since his tenure was 15+ years ago and most of them don't look up from their phones most of the time. Hopefully they can bring back a Patriot Platoon/booster program and instill some history and pride in to these students and get them caught up of our greatness back then and understand Tony's impact on Mason.

I do hope our Mason PR/Media teams make a dope a** compilation video of Tony's playing times here and unleashes that to the crowd for the 1st game. Gotta pay homage.
Agreed, I’ll be surprised if there is a noticeable increase in attendance. It will take more than simply hiring Tony to get people to pay attention to the game and get loud in Fairfax.

psyclone

Hall of Famer
Many recruits with some promise. However, some real questions remain.....
--how long will it take for these guys just to get to get to know each other?
--how long will it take for them to learn Tony's system?
--how long will it take Tony to figure out combinations that make for the most cohesive units?
--can Tony find a way to mix and match players so that guys get enough breaks to be able to effectively press the whole game?

While it's hard to wait for the season to begin, there is so much work to be done, it may not enough given the steep learning curve ahead for everyone.

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
Many recruits with some promise. However, some real questions remain.....
--how long will it take for these guys just to get to get to know each other?
--how long will it take for them to learn Tony's system?
--how long will it take Tony to figure out combinations that make for the most cohesive units?
--can Tony find a way to mix and match players so that guys get enough breaks to be able to effectively press the whole game?

While it's hard to wait for the season to begin, there is so much work to be done, it may not enough given the steep learning curve ahead for everyone.
Positive is that we have such a veteran roster. These are guys who know how to play the game, the learning curve should be less steep because of their experience in Division I college hoops.

Also helps that Tony wants to play up tempo on both ends — lets guys maximize their athletic ability without putting them in a rigid system and forcing them to learn a complicated playbook.

To me the question is whether all 13 guys will be willing to accept their assigned roles because there’s no way to get all of them meaningful playing time. Gonna be great competition in practice but hopefully those things will be sorted out come November.

GSII

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
Key word is 'Legit'. Otis was OK. Ronnie is getting there. Was Kolek a PG under DP? I can't remember. Kier was pushed into the role bc of DP's inability to build a proper roster. Tony and Inc, different story it seems.