1) 20 win regular win season
implies regular season record of 20-11
Game Attendance Average - both home and away - higher than last year

2) Regular season Conference record of 12-6
should be good for at least a 4th place conference finish

2a) A better balanced A-10 schedule
consider
a) 14 game round robin schedule
b) a 2 game in tournament series after a)
1 vs 2
1 at 3
2 vs 3

then the same for 4-6, 7-9, 10-12, 13-15

c) finish the season with a rivalry game
GW vs GMU
Lasalle vs St Joes
vcu vs Richmond
etc

d) cut the 18 game league schedule to 17 and add a conference vs conference series
choose a conference (or 2) slightly higher ranked and play 1 vs 1, 2 vs2, 3 vs 3, etc.

3) A-10 Tourney
make it at least to the semifinals

4) Tournament Time
be talked about and get an NIT bid
i'd even take a CBI or whatever else they have

5) Out of Conference Schedule
a) record of at least 8-5
b) play in a decent preseason, Thanksgiving, Christmas/Holiday Tournament
c) play at least 1 Top 25 team
d) play at least 1 Top 26-50 teams
e) play at least 2 Top 51-75 teams
f) play at least 3 Top 76-100 teams
g) overall ranking - KenPom or whatever source/metric used - IN TOTAL or average - should be at least 5-10% higher than ours
h) Home OOC schedule includes teams that fans will want to come out and see play
i) Away OOC schedule includes teams that fans will want to come out and see play AND are within a 3-4 hour bus ride away and the Athletic Department sponsors bus rides

Please add yours

illayin

Sixth Man
I hope that we can fast forward to the 2023-24 season instead and can look forward to our future with a newly appointed Coach Tony Skinn and CKE takes some job he doesn't deserve

edit: just so this post makes sense, subject originally said 2022-23

Last edited:
OP
jessej

jessej

All-Conference
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
I hope that we can fast forward to the 2023-24 season instead and can look forward to our future with a newly appointed Coach Tony Skinn and CKE takes some job he doesn't deserve

edit: just so this post makes sense, subject originally said 2022-23
actually it said 2023-2023

I'd like to see us develop a reputation for hard-nosed defensive play that has everyone dreading to play us, even if they can outshoot us. I want to see us play better teams tough. I want to see us find an offensive scheme that can be played and mastered by slightly above average college players (instead of expecting our players to be NBA players). I want to make it to a tournament .... preferably the NIT or NCAA. And, like others have stated, I want them to build a doggone awning over the patio outside the Gold Room with drop plastic sides and a wee bit of heat ..... and some TV's.

Old Man

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
I'd like the Patriot Club to do two things:
1 - Make the Gold/Green Room passes electronic like the game tickets. It really sucks that you can give you tickets away but not the G/G room passes because you can't physically give them to your buddy
2 - Make the Gold/Green Room passes undated, ie you can use them, in any quantity, at any game. For example, if I have 2 tickets and the are 16 home games, I have 32 passes to use during the year.

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
1 - Make the Gold/Green Room passes electronic like the game tickets. It really sucks that you can give you tickets away but not the G/G room passes because you can't physically give them to your buddy
2 - Make the Gold/Green Room passes undated, ie you can use them, in any quantity, at any game. For example, if I have 2 tickets and the are 16 home games, I have 32 passes to use during the year.
Good ideas. Number 1 should have happened already. No idea why it hasn’t.

I bet number 2 comes down to space, food ordering etc. otherwise I love that idea too.

Verdad

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
1 - electronic would make the entry even slower, but would be ideal if they could manage it. I would prefer a single pass, as with parking, so I don't have to sort and organize all 16 or so passes (gold room and parking) and make sure we bring the correct ones with us. I would think this would also save significantly on printing costs.

But passes are not supposed to be transferable - it is against the stated rules of the gold room. Obviously we all share them and bring in guests, and Greg will help with extra passes if you have additional guests for a game.

2 - would be a nightmare for certain games based on space.

Until we get more space - the experience is going to continue to be frustrating. I'm questioning if it is still worth it, since getting food and finding a space to eat it, with two little kids, is more annoying than an actual benefit. Easier to just eat before or get something to eat at our seats.

I think we all just need to make a coordinated demand to have more space/no lines or an explanation of what it planning to be done - just expanding by a half hour would help immensely. Instead we have to wait until doors open at 6pm and then run to hospitality room, wait in line and then hope to find a place to eat - which is by then significantly less than a full hour.

I nominate MK to request an official explanation/update via email to all gold/green room members (not sure if the same concerns apply to green room aristocrats).

Patriotsince81

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
I never eat in the Gold Room. Lines, lack of seats, lack of great food, and eating off paper plates with plastic utensils are all drawbacks. A pregame beer is about all I can handle. Much to do to improve the experience but I'll continue to shell out the bucks to celebrate and commiserate with friends and posters. I have also asked (repeatedly) for a countdown clock in the Gold Room, like the one in the Green Room. I usually miss the first few minutes of the second half because I lose track of time talking with friends.

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Lol I am not going to be gold room liaison but I encourage anyone who wants to engage to send an email to GK and Folarin and ask.

TweederGMU

All-Conference
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
1 - electronic would make the entry even slower, but would be ideal if they could manage it. I would prefer a single pass, as with parking, so I don't have to sort and organize all 16 or so passes (gold room and parking) and make sure we bring the correct ones with us. I would think this would also save significantly on printing costs.

But passes are not supposed to be transferable - it is against the stated rules of the gold room. Obviously we all share them and bring in guests, and Greg will help with extra passes if you have additional guests for a game.

Until we get more space - the experience is going to continue to be frustrating. I'm questioning if it is still worth it, since getting food and finding a space to eat it, with two little kids, is more annoying than an actual benefit. Easier to just eat before or get something to eat at our seats.

I think we all just need to make a coordinated demand to have more space/no lines or an explanation of what it planning to be done - just expanding by a half hour would help immensely. Instead we have to wait until doors open at 6pm and then run to hospitality room, wait in line and then hope to find a place to eat - which is by then significantly less than a full hour.

I nominate MK to request an official explanation/update via email to all gold/green room members (not sure if the same concerns apply to green room aristocrats).
Having a Third Tier and another hospitality room on the concourse would alleviate all of these stress points and factors ;)

TweederGMU

All-Conference
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
I never eat in the Gold Room. Lines, lack of seats, lack of great food, and eating off paper plates with plastic utensils are all drawbacks. A pregame beer is about all I can handle. Much to do to improve the experience but I'll continue to shell out the bucks to celebrate and commiserate with friends and posters. I have also asked (repeatedly) for a countdown clock in the Gold Room, like the one in the Green Room. I usually miss the first few minutes of the second half because I lose track of time talking with friends.
Having a Third Tier and another hospitality room on the concourse would alleviate all of these stress points and factors ;)

GMU_DCU

All-Conference
Going from a coach who couldn’t stop tweeting and posting on Instagram to a staff that doesn’t say much about the program on social media has made this off-season seem like nothing is happening. I understand every coach has their own style and I don’t need a CKE all out social media blitz but maybe an update on something? Anything?

The Great PATSby

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Going from a coach who couldn’t stop tweeting and posting on Instagram to a staff that doesn’t say much about the program on social media has made this off-season seem like nothing is happening. I understand every coach has their own style and I don’t need a CKE all out social media blitz but maybe an update on something? Anything?

It also doesn't help that Jacob Bear just left. Follow Assistants Mike Ekanem and Louis Hinnat. They're somewhat active.

If they'd just expand onto the patio outside and open a half hour earlier, they'd alleviate a lot of the pain points. I like the crowded environment - just don't like lines out the door for food. Part of that is the way they serve the food. Most of the time the folks serving are just plain slow. The popcorn was a big hit but needs someone to keep it popping. They should do more things like that.

I'd also like to see Folarin or whomever introduces the coaches, insist that the Gold Room shut up when they are speaking. It's irritating as hell when I'm 20' away and I can't hear the coach speak, because folks are just talking louder to be heard over the speaker. I personally think Folarin should demand the crowd shut up, and then ask them to please refrain from talking for the 5 mins it takes for the coach to talk.

Just show some plain old courtesy.

tblack33

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
If they'd just expand onto the patio outside and open a half hour earlier, they'd alleviate a lot of the pain points. I like the crowded environment - just don't like lines out the door for food. Part of that is the way they serve the food. Most of the time the folks serving are just plain slow. The popcorn was a big hit but needs someone to keep it popping. They should do more things like that.

I'd also like to see Folarin or whomever introduces the coaches, insist that the Gold Room shut up when they are speaking. It's irritating as hell when I'm 20' away and I can't hear the coach speak, because folks are just talking louder to be heard over the speaker. I personally think Folarin should demand the crowd shut up, and then ask them to please refrain from talking for the 5 mins it takes for the coach to talk.

Just show some plain old courtesy.
Hit my boomer take on the head exactly with your last point. I think it’s incredibly rude that we bring an assistant in, who WE are paying hundreds of thousands of dollars to be an expert about basketball, to talk to us about the basketball game we all came to watch, and our fanbase can’t listen for 5 minutes. Getting up and speaking in front of a few hundred people is hard enough, doing it while 90% of the room isn’t paying attention and is actively trying to talk over you is just ridiculous. I think it’s more indicative of our fan base and how much they care about the games being played, and we see that play out with the overall atmosphere during games, but maybe that’s just me. I’m all for whatever we can do to get the gold room to actually pipe down and pay attention during the pregame talks. Maybe that will be my jihad this year. Shh-ing the old bats shrieking at each other during the coaches talk.

tblack33

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Not gonna lie, I miss the CKE social media presence. Kept a lot of folks interested in the program, and I felt way more connected with what was going on than now. Winning cures all, but going into June with 3 open scholarships isn’t the best feeling as guys should be coming in for summer workouts soon.

Pikapppatri8

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
As long as they are working on what needs to be addressed -- I am fine. We will see the results of the off season when the season starts