jessej

All-Conference
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023

Mason2005

All-American
GIVING DAY 2023
1) How did the team look - in general?
2) Anybody stand out - for good and bad reasons?
3) Who were the first teamers?
4) Best Shooters?
5) Best 3 point shooters?
6) What type of defense was played?

1) Very tall but no chemistry yet
2) Billups is a physical specimen
3) Way too early to tell
4) Maddox for sure, Sherrod Wright jumper
5) Maddox, Hall, Dink, Ball
6) Half court pressing but still too early to tell

Last edited:

phoenix-arizona

All-American
The eternal question:

anyone GIF

TweederGMU

All-Conference
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
1) Very tall but no chemistry yet
2) Billips is a physical specimen
3) Way too early to tell
4) Maddox for sure, Sherrod Wright jumper
5) Maddox, Hall, Dink, Ball
6) Half court pressing but still too early to tell
Yea, I don't think people understand the type of shooter Maddox is..... we are getting a sharpshooter who can hit from anywhere on the court. This guy knows how to shoot and can also drive..... bringing an all around game to GMU and will have the ability to go off in the A-10. Maddox will be very exciting to watch as he will have the capability to score 20+ each night in the A-10. The kid knows how to shoot and score the ball.

Get the popcorn ready.

Mason2005

All-American
GIVING DAY 2023
Yea, I don't think people understand the type of shooter Maddox is..... we are getting a sharpshooter who can hit from anywhere on the court. This guy knows how to shoot and can also drive..... bringing an all around game to GMU and will have the ability to go off in the A-10. Maddox will be very exciting to watch as he will have the capability to score 20+ each night in the A-10. The kid knows how to shoot and score the ball.

Get the popcorn ready.
Someone went under a screen on Maddox in a drill and he nailed a 3 pointer. TS stopped the drill and said Maddox hit 7 3s in a ACC game, never go under a screen on him.

EXpatriot13

All-Conference
GIVING DAY 2023
I hate to burst any bubbles, but Haynes is listed on the roster as #11, which is what he wore at his previous stop.
Yea I was thinking about this too, because it looked like the graphic the Mason account used might have come from Haynes' camp. Didn't jive with anything they've put out recently and has a bunch of unofficial/random Mason branding on it.

FreeGunston12

All-American
1. Was Austin Ball able to hold his own?
2. Were any of the new guys taking a vocal leadership role/ are Ronnie and Malik filling that role?
3. Does Amari Kelly look like a polished veteran? Will he be able to play both 4 and 5?
4. Any good chirping going on? Anyone showing that competitive edge?

I'm much more interested in hearing the personalities showing than the skills at this point.

Mason2005

All-American
GIVING DAY 2023
1. Was Austin Ball able to hold his own?
2. Were any of the new guys taking a vocal leadership role/ are Ronnie and Malik filling that role?
3. Does Amari Kelly look like a polished veteran? Will he be able to play both 4 and 5?
4. Any good chirping going on? Anyone showing that competitive edge?

I'm much more interested in hearing the personalities showing than the skills at this point.
1. Austin can def hold his own
2. Guys still finding footing for leadership it seems
3. Yes I think Kelly can play the 4 & 5. He called himself out for needing to lead better, so yes to polished vet.
4. Not much chirping yet, guys still trying to connect with each other.