Welcome Blake Jones

Falco

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
Last player of ours i thought was going to the NBA was freshman year Mar. I have since stopped thinking anyone, from any team, will ever make it to the NBA.
I’m not giving up hope yet. I’m willing to settle for a Mason player you be a coach or even a water-boy!

The Great PATSby

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Blake playing in the U-19 World Cup

Australia is in the same group as USA with a stacked roster of basically all P6 players. We’ll get a sneak preview of what we have in Jones and how he fares against other NCAA players.

Attachments

• 13EB8415-1BCD-4CB8-9F06-B20DEFF68555.png
    13EB8415-1BCD-4CB8-9F06-B20DEFF68555.png
    830.6 KB · Views: 343

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Some interesting teammates:

Jaylin Galloway, is an unsigned senior guard with offers from vcu and La Salle...possible chance to see a future opponent on the court, too.

Dyson Daniels on the team as well. A lot of people thought/hoped that's who was signing when we got Jones.

Akolda Gak, a 6'11 center who skipped college to go pro. He had offers from UConn, Miami, Rutgers, and Penn State.

Old CAA connection with Reyne Smith from College of Charleston.

Patriotsince81

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
Australia vs Mali. After one quarter Australia leads 18-17. Jones started but only played about 3 and a half minutes. 2 pts, 1 reb, 1 steal.

Patriotsince81

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
The feed from Latvia is not the greatest and it's a beautiful Saturday afternoon so I am out for the day. By my count Jones was 1 - 3 from the field (0 - 1 from 3) with 2 rebounds, 1 assist, and 1 steal in about 8 minutes of action (out of 20) in the first half. The post players from Mali are grown a$$ men. Jones will need to get bigger and stronger. At 18 that will no doubt happen. Someone on the boards made mention that KE referred to Jones as being a "project". That could be an apt prediction.

Patriotsince81

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
16:24 played. 5 pts, 3 reb, 3 assists. I had him down for a steal which was not listed in the box score.

Patriotsince81

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR

Patriotsince81

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
In case anyone is interested.

End of 1st quarter. Turkey up 18 - 7. Jones started but only played the first 3 minutes. 0 points, 1 reb, 1 turnover. His one shot attempt was blocked. Like yesterday, the post players for Turkey are bigger and stronger than anyone the Aussies have.

Patriotsince81

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
Screw this. The feed is horrible and freezing. Jones started the 2nd quarter and had played all 7 minutes when I got fed up with the stream at the 3 minutes mark. He had 7 points on 3 - 4 shooting (1-2 from 3) and a deflection that led to a steal.

Pikapppatri8

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
I saw that and went hoo boy. Do Aussies even know the implication of that hand gesture?

Maybe you need to have more cultural sensitivity and understand that hand sign might have a different meaning in Australia. Your American leftwing woke self-centeredness is showing.

Historically in the US - it is the "OK" symbol not KKK.

More recently- it is a satanic hand symbol referencing "666" - so that should make you feel a little better about it.

GreenLantern

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Maybe you need to have more cultural sensitivity and understand that hand sign might have a different meaning in Australia. Your American leftwing woke self-centeredness is showing.

Historically in the US - it is the "OK" symbol not KKK.

More recently- it is a satanic hand symbol referencing "666" - so that should make you feel a little better about it.
Let it go Pikapp. I'm not judging. No need to get this thread locked down too