Welcome Blake Jones

tblack33

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
I’m starting to think we may have gotten a steal with Jones and that he’ll be on the court a lot next year.
I wonder how his defense is considering we’ve heard so much about being a defensive first team.
I honestly didn’t realize how big of a deal it is to be a two time winner of that, starting to look like I may have underestimated how good this guy is.

gmutom

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
I honestly didn’t realize how big of a deal it is to be a two time winner of that, starting to look like I may have underestimated how good this guy is.
You and me both. When a player like Patty Mills is impressed with an accomplishment like that, you know it's a big deal.

KAOriginal

All-American
Colorado has had a good decade. But they still have .500 or worse record in general against PAC 12 opponents. So I'm not exactly sold on them as a basketball mecca to be in total awe of. Maybe if Joe Harrington was still coaching..maybe .....

I'm not saying Blake wouldn't be a star...it's just easier to showcase yourself in the A10 vs the PAC 12 or other P5 conferences.

POY or 1st team all conference---- ACC, PAC 12, A10 pick one and tell me which one is easiest to hit those marks.....

Last edited:
OP
M

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Has there been a recruiting class where we brought in two highly-touted TALL forwards like Jones and Mbaye?

2008 all I can think of I think that was Morrison/Foster (plus Pearson).

Not that I can think of in the last 20 years, the KRAM class was pretty highly touted and that was right before the 09 class that was the #1 midmajor class. Usually each class has 1 big. Usually each big that Mason has gotten has been "raw" and "needed work", like a Thompson, or Copes, or Porter.

Falco

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
Not that I can think of in the last 20 years, the KRAM class was pretty highly touted and that was right before the 09 class that was the #1 midmajor class. Usually each class has 1 big. Usually each big that Mason has gotten has been "raw" and "needed work", like a Thompson, or Copes, or Porter.
I remember being so excited for Copes. I thought he was going to be an NBA player.

smccart5

Starter
I remember being so excited for Copes. I thought he was going to be an NBA player.
Last player of ours i thought was going to the NBA was freshman year Mar. I have since stopped thinking anyone, from any team, will ever make it to the NBA.