Welcome AJ WIlson

OP
Patriot8

Patriot8

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
I can't see any realistic scenario in which Grayer is not starting.. As Joe said, I think Otis, Moore, Grayer and Jenkins are locks for the starting lineup unless something amazing happens. To me, the last spot comes down to Abram or Relvao, as I am not the biggest fan of Dixon. I am happy to be proven wrong though.

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
My comment was in a reply to him redshirting. I am shocked to hear he is red shirting because I thought he would be a starter.

Not going to get into a lot of details here, but a RS will help AJ on and off the basketball court.

It gives him time to get acclimated to the academic demands (which DP has shown he takes seriously) and get in the weight room to put on some much-needed muscle.

It also effectively puts him in the 2017 class with Mar, providing some balance from back-to-back large recruiting classes.

Considering this is another rebuilding season, can't really see a downside.

psyclone

Hall of Famer
Not going to get into a lot of details here, but a RS will help AJ on and off the basketball court.

It gives him time to get acclimated to the academic demands (which DP has shown he takes seriously) and get in the weight room to put on some much-needed muscle.

It also effectively puts him in the 2017 class with Mar, providing some balance from back-to-back large recruiting classes.

I agree. All the rest of the incoming freshman have gotten a head start with their summer class work, which should help them acclimate to that aspect of the college experience and, perhaps, allow them a somewhat lighter load during the regular academic year.

Mason2005

All-American
GIVING DAY 2023
Jenkins at the 3....No Thanks!!! Don't sleep on Danny. He was suppose to redshirt last season but our damn bigs couldn't play without fouling so that forced Paulsen's hand. He could make big strides this season. My starting 5 would be.

Moore
Otis
Grayer
Jenkins
Dixon

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
Unless Boyd is even more of an athletic freak than I realized and simply won't be kept off the court, I see this as our best 5:

Marquise
Otis
Jaire
DeAndre
Jalen

Four of the five are non-negotiable, IMHO.

It's conceivable that DP could opt to go very small and play Boyd and Grayer at the two forward spots, but I really like Abram. He's a gym rat and those guys almost always get better year-by-year.

ephoops

Starter

I agree.

When I saw Wilson's recruitment and the possibility of his commitment, I immediately thought that a RS year would be in everyone's best interest.

Some student athletes are reluctant to RS, but I think that it is great option in order for the student athlete to acclimate to the rigors of both academics and athletics at the D-1 level.

Regarding academics, you are right -- DP takes it very seriously...

Falco

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
Based on what?

Every positive review about the kid. He appears to just be a late bloomer who slipped through the cracks. He is currently ranked 6th in the state of MD for his position.

But your right, I am not a coach or a scout so I am not entitled to my opinion.

GSII

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
I cant Jalen as a 5 so my 5 starters are

MM
Otis
Grayer
Jalen
Revalo

With Boyd or Abram comn in for Jalen.

Were on our way boys, on our way.

This year I will be very into the Pats. Not gonna be good, still, but we'll be dangerous and it will be fascinating to see how a roster this deep and talented evolves into roles/rotations, etc.

AJ is the tits. Congrats to him.

Mason2005

All-American
GIVING DAY 2023
I just noticed Relvao has put on 19lbs from last year, 6'9 255lbs now. AJ I hope you are ready to get jacked!

gmubrian

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
Exciting news! Sounds like Paulsen is building the team nicely for a bright future. I look forward to hearing how things progress this year and next year, especially.

Falco

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
Just confused as to why the highest rated freshman recruit is redshirting? I saw someone post its like us getting a 4 star recruit next year. Well we would get that either way. I guess patience is a virtue.

sleeperpick

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Just confused as to why the highest rated freshman recruit is redshirting? I saw someone post its like us getting a 4 star recruit next year. Well we would get that either way. I guess patience is a virtue.
Could be a lot of reasons to redshirt him. 1. body not fully developed for rigorous D1 schedule (Dixon was supposed to go this root but Paulsen's hand was forced) 2. to balance classes (don't want to have a team of 8 juniors, 4 sophs, and 1 freshman next year) how bad would that leave the program when Otis and co are seniors. 3. learning and battling with Jalen, Deandre, etc this year and being able to use what he learns next year. 4. get ahead on school. I mean there are a ton of reasons why he should be redshirted. I am also not quite sure why people are calling him a 4 star either... last I checked he was a low 3. Anywho kudos to Simpkins and Paulsen for getting him signed. Can't believe a kid would want to redshirt on Mason instead of reclassify and prep but I am very pleased.

gmu05

Starter

Could be something to do with the fact that he attended a high school called "Elev8 Sports Institute"...