Welcome AJ WIlson

gmutom

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
So I just wanted to chime in once more to say, good luck to anyone trying to score against us with Goanar Mar and AJ Wilson at the two forward positions.

Just what the doctor ordered to defend all these quick A-10 wings.

Dave knows what he is doing.

Well said, Jim. Throw Boyd in there as well as another player who seems to take great pride in his defense. Some fans have been critical of the amount of turnovers we create, but something tells me that is going to change significantly with these three guys on the roster.

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
Each assistant has their hand in bringing respective players on board,and I'll gladly sing their praises when they are mentioned publicly. In this case, Duane and Dave deserve to be singled out.

Remember when Hewitt was coach and we had multiple posts asking why our assistant coaches didn't appear to be doing much besides sitting there looking glum?

Hiring a good staff is a huge and sometimes overlooked part of being a successful head coach.

Coach L had great assistants at Mason. When one left, he hired a new one and the beat went on.

All three of our current assistants are really first-class guys and we are lucky to have them.

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
What a breath of fresh air from a recruitment perspective. Instead of filling the roster with various forwards, Paulsen has recruited a balanced roster with various pieces to a puzzle. They now have shooters which is important in a guard focused game and supplemented with athletic wings who can help guard other teams shooters and shoot themselves as well. And to get the type of recruits that Mar and Wilson are this early in the rebuild of the program is excellent as well.
:D

DAK

Preferred Walk-On
I've got to say I am impressed with DP & Co.'s recruiting, especially this early in the process. I was one questioning the timing of the extension, but you can't argue that the arrow is pointing dramatically upward for our program. Hope is in the air!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Herndon

All-Conference
Well said, Jim. Throw Boyd in there as well as another player who seems to take great pride in his defense. Some fans have been critical of the amount of turnovers we create, but something tells me that is going to change significantly with these three guys on the roster.

I don't know, man. From everything I've read (and seen) Paulsen is just not a guy who preaches gambling for turnovers. He may have great defenders, but they'll be UVA style defenders, who just play fundamentally sound defense, stay in front of you, and make you shoot contested jumpers. (I'm PERFECTLY fine with that, fwiw :chuckle:)

GreenLantern

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
On paper this builds on the great people he's brought in so far. Can't help but be excited for the upcoming seasons!

Falco

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
Yep, Corey Evans on twitter says that he will redshirt this year.

I saw that, is he well respected? I'm obviously not a scout but it looks like Wilson could help up immediately. People shouldn't sleep on us. My starting 5

-Moore
-Livingston
-Jenkins
-Wilson (maybe not first game starter, but mid season)
-Up for grabs.

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
I saw that, is he well respected? I'm obviously not a scout but it looks like Wilson could help up immediately. People shouldn't sleep on us. My starting 5

-Moore
-Livingston
-Jenkins
-Up for grabs.

yeah he covers recruiting a lot and probably got some sort of information on it.

sleeperpick

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️

-Moore
-Livingston
-Jenkins
-Up for grabs.
Wilson is RedShirting via Twitter just FYI

sleeperpick

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️

-Moore
-Livingston
-Jenkins
-Up for grabs.
I would say:

Livingston
Moore
Abrams
Jenkins
Relvao

Abrams/Grayer too valuable to be kept on the bench for Jenkins playing the three. we need him at 4 this year more than ever