Tournament Watch Thread

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
So, I'm watching the Arizona / Wisconsin game, and I can't help but think the players on those teams make the players on Mason look like mere boys. There is no offense meant to our guys, but those Ari / Wisc players look like they could be in their mid-20s and in their NBA primes.

Have you seen Kentucky's frontcourt?

jmckend1

Starter
So, I'm watching the Arizona / Wisconsin game, and I can't help but think the players on those teams make the players on Mason look like mere boys. There is no offense meant to our guys, but those Ari / Wisc players look like they could be in their mid-20s and in their NBA primes.
It may just be that a national TV broadcast adds a few dozen pounds of muscle. Those cameras.....

OP
D

DeepValue

Starter
Game tied and shot clock off. Should ND have considered fouling to get the ball back and control their destiny?

GSII

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
Arledge be like 'am i at GMU tight now?'

TweederGMU

All-Conference
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Some bold predictions for tonight:

MSU over Duke and Kentucky will beat Wisconsin by 8 or more points

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Such a good game. I can't imagine what it would feel like being Kentucky if they are denied here.

Pablo

Hall of Famer
http://www.philly.com/philly/sports...o_Ryan_s_rise_to_the_top_began_in_Philly.html:

"I've always thought Division III schools were more fundamentally sound, top to bottom," he said. "You can see some really good coaching going on. You see that in Division I, too, but overall, in Division III, it's more about the fundamentals and being more solid. I learned a lot at Platteville."

"We look for solid guys, guys who are students, guys who are going to be serious about their experience and buy into what we're doing," Ryan said. "We've had a lot of people say no. But it was like when we were teenagers, we'd go to the dance and you always ask the '10' to dance first. I danced with a lot of '5's. So people said no. But you go, 'OK, let's keep working this and see who wants to be here.' "

Dave Paulsen (another former D-III coach) is Mason's version of Wisconsin's Bo Ryan.

Last edited:
OP
D

DeepValue

Starter
Good article, thanks for posting! I really enjoy watching a well coached team beat future NBA stars year after year.

Washingtonian

Hall of Famer
I told y'all Kentucky wasn't running the table. People that know me would know that I called it back in December that it wouldn't happen. Look at the schedule, their OOC was not impressive, and they wouldn't have blown out Kansas had they waited another 5 games (probably would have won though).

Tomorrow night will be interesting.