Tournament Watch Thread

If I might take a quick detour from all the coach talk ...

I've heard several announcers refer to a 'loose ball foul' during the college game. I thought that was just an NBA thing. It's there an official loose ball foul in college or is it just a lazy announcer taking the easy way out and not taking the time to learn the rules of the college game?

it just means there wasn't possession either way. Loose ball. neither team is in possession. Like on a rebound.

Old Man

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
it just means there wasn't possession either way. Loose ball. neither team is in possession. Like on a rebound.
I get why the reference is made, but does the ref say, "Loose ball foul" to the scorekeeper, or do they register it a charge, block, hand check, or some other real foul?

I realize it doesn't really matter; a foul is a foul. But lately there are lots of references to turning the college game into the pro game, and I don't like it. And I see this type of call as just a small step in that direction. I've heard talk of moving the 3 point line back to the pro distance, or allowing a team to move the ball to half court following a timeout after a score (this I think is soooo dumb; it takes away the defensive weapon of the press). I'm just bothered by all this talk during the tournament.

Petey Buckets

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
This Pat Connaughton dude on Notre Dame reminds me of Luke Hancock. Mostly because he's insanely athletic and keeps being described as "scrappy" and "determined."

gmutom

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
This Pat Connaughton dude on Notre Dame reminds me of Luke Hancock. Mostly because he's insanely athletic and keeps being described as "scrappy" and "determined."

Looking forward to one day watching him pitch for my Orioles.

I don't get it. Notre Dame goes 6'1, and then three 6'5 guys.

How do they survive in an even bigger conference than the A-10?

They are running a four out offense, shouldn't they look to replace one of their guys with a guy with size like Marko at the 3?

DERP!

Walter

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
Looks like Alabama is going to get to throw crazy money at Marshall soon.

Pikapppatri8

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
Man this WVU and KY game is a real stinker. Kentucky is just a** raping WVU

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old Man

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
So, I'm watching the Arizona / Wisconsin game, and I can't help but think the players on those teams make the players on Mason look like mere boys. There is no offense meant to our guys, but those Ari / Wisc players look like they could be in their mid-20s and in their NBA primes.