The Official Iowa St. Prediction Thread

MasonCrew

Starter
At times this team looks really quite good. I don't think AO should play another minute, obviously. Don't know what Sherrod's deal was, but he was a non-factor. Love what I'm seeing from Jenkins, PH, and Moore. Our future might not be so bleak.

Good start from JW, but I am looking forward to seeing this senior class leave (except for Allen).

JimP

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Overall I was pleased with the effort. However, unless they back it up with a good effort tomorrow it will mean very little. Sustain the effort and avoid playing on ESPN3 on Christmas Day.

EXpatriot13

All-Conference
GIVING DAY 2023
Sherrod Wright is no longer our "best player". I'm sorry but you can't completely disappear when playing an opponent like that. I figured he'd be pretty pumped up (a la New Mexico game). He dribbles the ball off his feet, throws the ball away...I'm glad he saw the bench a lot in the second half.

Great to see Holloway find his shot tonight. Nice efforts by J2, Jalen, and even Copes.

We have a bright future in Moore, Jalen, Holloway etc. Hopefully we can land a recruit who can flat out score because we won't win many ballgames if only one person shows up each night.

Overall, a nice effort by the team. I definitely thought it would be worse.

patriot2000

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
Good game. As many have said, that Mason team would have been good enough to beat Princeton, USF, and Iona. Let's hope it's a sign of things to come

gmutom

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
Overall I was pleased with the effort. However, unless they back it up with a good effort tomorrow it will mean very little. Sustain the effort and avoid playing on ESPN3 on Christmas Day.

Jim, I'll be happy to place a friendly wager with you that there is no way possible we lose tomorrow.

P

PoorManProfit

Spectator
G Mas doesn't just stink, they are insignificant. That's worse.

EXpatriot13

All-Conference
GIVING DAY 2023
We could have won this game or made it heck of a lot closer with ANY sort of halfway decent performance from Sherrod Wright. That's the worst he's looked this season. 2 points?! Didn't make a shot?! He checks out wayyy too much for a supposed star player.

P

PoorManProfit

Spectator
We could have won this game or made it heck of a lot closer with ANY sort of halfway decent performance from Sherrod Wright.
That's the worst he's looked this season. 2 points?! Didn't make a shot?! He checks out wayyy too much for a supposed star
player.

He's hardly a "star".

Regarding the zone, I was actually pleased as well. Jenkins looks good in it. What I was most pleased was we rebounded well on the defensive end out of it.

Unfortunately, if that is to be our primary defense expect Hewitt to stick Okaloji at the three for more minutes because length. Then God help us all.

JimP

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Jim, I'll be happy to place a friendly wager with you that there is no way possible we lose tomorrow.

I like the confidence your demonstrating in the team Tom, and hope to share it after a couple more games of solid ball. I'd have to have hit rock bottom in my fandom to bet against GMU though. I can't do it at this point, but am certainly not opposed to a friendly wager should the opportunity arise.

gmutom

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
I like the confidence your demonstrating in the team Tom...

Jim, I wasn't being confidant, I was being a smartass; we are off tomorrow and play our next game on Christmas. :)

I'm sick of Hewitt's varying leashes with various players, BTW. Vaughn Gray can't get four minutes, our best player can't have a bad half without being benched, but yet guys like Okoloji and Copes can go out and ring up suspensions and screw up all over the place and have more leeway in most situations.

Patriot Lawdog

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
I'm sick of Hewitt's varying leashes with various players, BTW. Vaughn Gray can't get four minutes, our best player can't have a bad half without being benched, but yet guys like Okoloji and Copes can go out and ring up suspensions and screw up all over the place and have more leeway in most situations.
You sure it's a short leash and not just having no clue from game to game as to a rotation.

JimP

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Ssquote="CHRISTOPHER JAMES JOLLAY, post: 5158, member: 174"]I'm sick of Hewitt's varying leashes with various players, BTW. Vaughn Gray can't get four minutes, our best player can't have a bad half without being benched, but yet guys like Okoloji and Copes can go out and ring up suspensions and screw up all over the place and have more leeway in most situations.[/quote]

I'm disappointed in Wright's play the last couple of games, but I regard it as a slump rather than lack of desire. (Not that you do, but some fans seem to be questioning his desire) I do have problems with his D at times though. I guess I'm on the fence about his benching - not sure you can blame Hewitt too much for that.

Last edited:

EXpatriot13

All-Conference
GIVING DAY 2023
I don't see how Sherrod showed any desire in that game today. He's quite the magician with that disappearing act of his.