The Official Dave Paulsen and Brad Edwards Speculation Thread

OP
M

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Nena is great! She's one of my best friend's aunts and I've had season tickets next to her for several years. A well deserved promotion, even if temporary!
I always liked Nena, I took one of her sports management classes back in the day. Hopefully we are already deep into the search for our new AD.
That is good to hear. I’m sure they are working on qualifications and what type of AD they want for Mason, but they won’t find someone probably until the spring.

Masonfan3

Starter
Nena is great and is well respected throughout the Athletic Department at Mason. Very approachable and will work well with all of the athletic teams. She was in charge of the Student Athletic Advisory Counsel when I was a student athlete at Mason. Not sure if she is the long term fix but I have no doubt that she will keep the ship afloat for the remainder of the 2022-23 calendar.

TweederGMU

All-Conference
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
If this is the lady who sits at the end of my row with her husband every game game then not really a fan. Been in our current section for 9-10 years and have tried talking with them and NOT very approachable and has given our row and section very smug/judgey looks over the years when we cheer. God help us for actually being in to games and standing and chanting.

Even had a conversation with some old Mason Athletics workers over the years trying to learn about who she was and all they said was she worked with athletes in academics and really kept it at that if you get my drift.

Not really a fan but hey if it gets her out our section then party on garth.

Pikapppatri8

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
I mean she probably was BFFs with Erik Copes being academic coordinator.
Most relevant question - does she have compromising video of some rich fat cats who will want certain information to stay quiet. We need a rainmaker.

sleeperpick

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
hmmm the differences in opinions of Mason fans make me think the no fun fans like her. just waiting on Jack Strop calling her the best thing to happen to Mason before I make my opinion

jessej

All-Conference
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
i dont know this lady personally, she seem to have a great resume, but i would not pick her as the next AD.

I'd say that GMU needs to hire a rain maker capable of generating capital funds for major projects. Day to day team management and season end review for all teams except M & W BBall should be spread among the Associate and Assistant ADs.

and potentially an Associate AD for NIL should be hired.

Last edited:
OP
M

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
i dont know this lady personally, she seem to have a great resume, but i would not pick her as the next AD.

I'd say that GMU needs to hire a rain maker capable of generating capital funds for major projects. Day to day team management and season end review for all teams except M & W BBall should be spread among the Associate and Assistant ADs.

and potentially an Associate AD for NIL should be hired.
I’d be shocked (and appalled) if she became the AD. This is George Mason athletics of course but I have high hopes that Dr Washington knows the issues around these topics amongst others. I would be very surprised if he doesn’t want his own choice.

gmubrian

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
I've not read through all the summer threads so I missed a lot of that discussion. Do we not have someone dedicated to NIL?
I know of nothing/no one at Mason that is officially promoting or facilitating NIL. Everything NIL related that I know of to date has all been grass roots. It all has been coordinated as needed, but no facilitation. In one case, in the usual Mason way, there was a little bit of obstruction.