St. Mary's game thread

polepino

Starter
Looks like SMC took a play right out of GMUs playbook, lead most of the game only to let the other team crawl back into it, lose the lead near the end, and pick up the loss. Wow, feels good to be on the other side for once :)

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Tapatalk

gmutom

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
We're #7! We're #7! :cool:

Seriously, nice to get out of Hawaii with a win. Not a great tournament for us record-wise, but we saw some adjustments with the roster and defensive schemes that might bode well for the future.

JimP

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Gutsy win...our D looks good, offense did just enough. I hope mason lawyer put money down on his St. Mary's team. Gives me some hope, though I am tempering my preseason expectations. It would be nice to see more assists, but I'll take the W.

psyclone

Hall of Famer
George Mason Patriots
STARTERS FGM-A 3PM-A FTM-A OREB DREB REB AST STL BLK TO PF PTS
Johnny Williams, F 5-10 0-0 4-5 0 4 4 0 0 0 2 4 14
Marko Gujanicic, F 2-3 0-0 1-1 0 2 2 2 0 0 0 2 5
Marquise Moore, G 2-3 0-0 1-2 1 2 3 0 1 1 2 4 5
Sherrod Wright, G 2-5 0-0 3-4 0 0 0 0 1 0 4 1 7
Bryon Allen, G 4-12 0-1 7-8 1 3 4 1 1 0 1 3 15
BENCH FGM-A 3PM-A FTM-A OREB DREB REB AST STL BLK TO PF PTS
Erik Copes, F 0-0 0-0 0-0 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 4 0
Anali Okoloji, F 0-1 0-0 0-2 0 1 1 0 0 0 0 3 0
Jalen Jenkins, F 1-2 0-0 2-2 1 4 5 1 0 0 2 2 4
Patrick Holloway, G 5-8 3-4 2-2 1 1 2 0 1 0 0 0 15
Corey Edwards, G 0-0 0-0 0-0 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 0 0
TOTALS FGM-A 3PM-A FTM-A OREB DREB REB AST STL BLK TO PF PTS

Not readable--good intent, but maybe just a link to espn box score

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Looks like SMC took a play right out of GMUs playbook, lead most of the game only to let the other team crawl back into it, lose the lead near the end, and pick up the loss. Wow, feels good to be on the other side for once :)

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Tapatalk

It's a lesson in not letting inferiors teams hang around. Anything can happen in the last two minutes if the game is within two possessions. It's something I wish this team would learn.

gmutom

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
Gutsy win...our D looks good, offense did just enough. I hope mason lawyer put money down on his St. Mary's team. Gives me some hope, though I am tempering my preseason expectations. It would be nice to see more assists, but I'll take the W.

The strange thing about our low assists is I actually thought our ball rotation and screens were very good. We just missed way too many open shots within the key. The stat I love the most -- aside from the Christmas miracle that we hit 77% of our FTs -- is that we didn't get lulled into launching a ton of 3s to counter theirs. In fact, they took 24 and we only took 5.

Leesburg Chankenstank III

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
The stat I love the most is that we didn't get lulled into launching a ton of 3s to counter theirs. In fact, they took 24 and we only took 5.

That is actually quite telling. Hope springs eternal. The next game is the most important game. SMC is not a bad team, good win.