St. Mary's game thread

polepino

Starter
I actually thought we moved the ball better in this tourney than we have in a while, but I understand what he's saying about out offense.

I'd have to agree that the team definitely looked like it had worked on its ball movement leading up to this tourney. Honestly, when we won those first four games we were passing the ball around at a somewhat similar clip. It just helps so much with this team to pass the ball around for a few more touches on offense when there isn't anything there at first, being patient, and looking for the open shot as opposed to the "one pass, try to score" offense that they often fall victim to. When they keep passing the ball, keep on moving without the ball, I think we begin to see shades of the strentgh of the Hewitt motion offense. Basically, anyone can score if they catch the right person cutting or pass to the open man. Basic offensive principles but often times too hurried since they try to push the ball and get stuck when trying to revert to half court once nothing is initially open.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Tapatalk

gmutom

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
I wish that Bobby wouldn't have found the little tiki idol at the construction site. The first two games may have completely different outcomes. Good win on the last day none the less!

Haha, hilarious reference, PDGL. The highlight of that Brady trip was getting to see Marcia in a bikini and grass skirt.

P

PoorManProfit

Spectator
Watching that Iowa St./Boise St. game last night and the terrific movement (man and ball) on offense, especially by Boise, it just appears they play a different, and better, game that G Mas. Granted the talent level is at a higher level, but you don't have to have talent to actually move.

Scythe

Starter
Their teamwork is noticeably better -- which is something we've lacked all season. The tournament showed lots of glimpses of a cohesive unit from Mason, which broke down in the first two games (and most of our losses).

MasonCrew

Starter
Their teamwork is noticeably better -- which is something we've lacked all season. The tournament showed lots of glimpses of a cohesive unit from Mason, which broke down in the first two games (and most of our losses).

It happens in all of our losses. When we were first playing USF (the first game of the season I watched) I was so pleasantly surprised with our team. Then we just collapsed. When we move the ball well, we win (or play very competitively at worst). It's almost as simple as that.