Roster Effects of losing Coach English

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
This shouldn't be unexpected. That is how the landscape moves. English did the same thing for us and brought in Schwartz, Ticket, Bailey etc with the same type of connection. I would be surprised if KE takes anyone else on the current roster, but he could take one of our 23 kids potentially depending on how he is shaping his roster. Just depends on room.
The difference is Colorado and Tennessee were content to see those guys go because they either weren’t playing much (Ticket/VJ) or had younger players ready to step into their role (Schwartz).

We’ve lost a 2-time all-conference player and our highest-ranked recruit since 2011. Even though it was expected it’s a nut punch no doubt.

GMU79

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
The difference is Colorado and Tennessee were content to see those guys go because they either weren’t playing much (Ticket/VJ) or had younger players ready to step into their role (Schwartz).

We’ve lost a 2-time all-conference player and our highest-ranked recruit since 2011. Even though it was expected it’s a nut punch no doubt.
You beat me to the punch...so to speak.

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023

Agreed. But definitely time to start over one way or another. It sucks

EXpatriot13

All-Conference
GIVING DAY 2023
This shouldn't be unexpected. That is how the landscape moves. English did the same thing for us and brought in Schwartz, Ticket, Bailey etc with the same type of connection. I would be surprised if KE takes anyone else on the current roster, but he could take one of our 23 kids potentially depending on how he is shaping his roster. Just depends on room.
English bringing in those guys for us isn’t QUITE the same as what’s happening now, but I understand the point.

I am just depressed lol.

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
English bringing in those guys for us isn’t QUITE the same as what’s happening now, but I understand the point.

I am just depressed lol.
Yeah I hear you man. Losing two studs to providence is different than the guys we brought in, but this type of stuff happens. I’m at peace with it and now waiting for us to name our next guy.

(After the 3 month study)

Hope the coach hiring happens fast. This is a totally new game with the transfer portal and the new regime needs as much time as possible to chase prospects. Hate to see us dither away a chance for some players that may see this as an opportunity to start immediately and/or get significant playing time. "We're building a whole new team" is a very different pitch from "you have a shot at a starting position over our current players". It's also a chance for 3-4 friends to come to a team and play together their last year or two. A couple of this year's NCAA Tourney teams were built that way.

We need a new coach ASAP.