Roster Effects of losing Coach English

patriot2000

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
He didn't make the attendance comment. That was the author of the article. The D2 comment was factually incorrect, I saw nothing else wrong. The tone of the whole thing was not the best, but Caputo's part was ok.

Edit: I just read the whole article, and it solidified my thoughts. Caputo said nothing wrong except the D2 comment that was off by at least a decade. Coach L has been consistently successful in places that were nothing before or after him (with the exception of Miami, where we won't know that for years). Caputo's tone was almost worshipful towards his old boss, but not dirisive toward Mason. Just read it twice... don't see it

Last edited:

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
So...

Fernandez-Providence
Josh Oduro- providence
Ronny Polite-TBD
Blake Jones-TBD
Ginika Ojiako-TBD

And our four freshmen

Austin Ball- TBD
Dez White - TBD
Rich Barron- TBD
Jordan Marsh - TBD

Going to have a lot of new faces next year, folks.

Last edited:
So...

Fernandez-Providence
Josh Oduro-TBD
Ronny Polite-TBD
Blake Jones-TBD
Ginika Ojiako-TBD

And our four freshmen

Austin Ball- TBD
Dez White - TBD
Rich Barron- TBD
Jordan Marsh - TBD

I'm preparing for the entire roster sans maybe the walk-ons and Peter Oduro.

gmubrian

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023

Hopefully this is one of them:
1679919557579.jpeg

gmutom

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
So...

Fernandez-Providence
Josh Oduro-TBD
Ronny Polite-TBD
Blake Jones-TBD
Ginika Ojiako-TBD

And our four freshmen

Austin Ball- TBD
Dez White - TBD
Rich Barron- TBD
Jordan Marsh - TBD

I don't know, these TBD guys look very promising. If we can get three or four TBDs to average in double figures and get really good production from TBD, TBD and TBD off the bench — I would redshirt TBD and TBD — I'm seeing a pretty strong rotation. I don't pretend to know all of the answers, because some of this is obviously TBD.

bravesfan

Starter
GIVING DAY 2023
I don't know, these TBD guys look very promising. If we can get three or four TBDs to average in double figures and get really good production from TBD, TBD and TBD off the bench — I would redshirt TBD and TBD — I'm seeing a pretty strong rotation. I don't pretend to know all of the answers, because some of this is obviously TBD.

I hear the rivalry with Scheduled to Change is fire.

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
This has nothing on the eligibility board who’s eligibility is currently being questioned according to @GMUSSTN

BBride

Sixth Man
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
So we have six players
Ticket Gaines
Devin Dinkins
Kam Johnson
Peter Oduro
Chase Tucker
Malik Henry

Recruits
Austin Ball
Dez White
Rich Barron
Jordan Marsh

Any chance Mason gets a couple back from the Portal once a new coach is in place? Would love it if Ronnie came back.

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
I hear the rivalry with Scheduled to Change is fire.
They probably have a better team than anyone Paulsen scheduled for us.
So we have six players
Ticket Gaines
Devin Dinkins
Kam Johnson
Peter Oduro
Chase Tucker
Malik Henry

Recruits
Austin Ball
Dez White
Rich Barron
Jordan Marsh

Any chance Mason gets a couple back from the Portal once a new coach is in place? Would love it if Ronnie came back.
Always a chance. Hard to predict when nothing has been announced though. My hope is that we keep at least 2 incoming recruits and the existing players. We probably can safely assume Peter won't be on scholarship for next year.

EXpatriot13

All-Conference
GIVING DAY 2023
We need to prepare ourselves, but.....we can be hopeful that this is not as bad as when Paulsen was hired.
100% agree, and there’s no doubt Tony will need to build things back up.

Thankfully, it’s an entirely different era of college basketball so this next rebuild should, and will, look a lot different then what Paulsen went through. The portal completely changes things and should allow us to flip the switch a lot quicker than in the past.

We aren’t Kansas State, but they turned over almost their entire roster when Tang got hired, I believe nine or ten guys on their roster didn’t start their careers at K State.

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
100% agree, and there’s no doubt Tony will need to build things back up.

Thankfully, it’s an entirely different era of college basketball so this next rebuild should, and will, look a lot different then what Paulsen went through. The portal completely changes things and should allow us to flip the switch a lot quicker than in the past.

We aren’t Kansas State, but they turned over almost their entire roster when Tang got hired, I believe nine or ten guys on their roster didn’t start their careers at K State.

Paulsen was left with 4 bigs and 1 guard, but some good players (Shevon, Jenkins, Marquise — even Marko had some moments). Not that he was a player in the transfer market, but if he had the opportunity to get transfers in that could play right away, you might not have seen players like Dixon, Murrell, or Relvao filling out the roster (or maybe you would because it was Paulsen).

The Great PATSby

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Just lost Rich Barron.....he requested and was granted his release from Mason.

SMH...Friar fans already posting on his twitter to come to Providence. First they take KE. Then they take JF. They're begging for JO and now Barron. Do they really want it all? Hope they realize that we were an average team and that we were dangerously close to finishing as low as 9th in the conference.

Last edited:

Pikapppatri8

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
SMH...Friar fans already posting on his twitter to come to Providence. First they take KE. Then they take JF. They're begging for JO and now Barron. Do they really want is all? Hope they realize that we were an average team and that we were dangerously close to finishing as low as 9th in the conference.
Not really surprised. Expect more.

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
SMH...Friar fans already posting on his twitter to come to Providence. First they take KE. Then they take JF. They're begging for JO and now Barron. Do they really want it all? Hope they realize that we were an average team and that we were dangerously close to finishing as low as 9th in the conference.
This shouldn't be unexpected. That is how the landscape moves. English did the same thing for us and brought in Schwartz, Ticket, Bailey etc with the same type of connection. I would be surprised if KE takes anyone else on the current roster, but he could take one of our 23 kids potentially depending on how he is shaping his roster. Just depends on room.