PROVIDENCE UPDATE

jessej

All-Conference
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
View attachment 2194
Made a bet with some friends on the forum that if FKE missed the tournament I would donate to Mason. Wanted to stay true to my word.

If he misses next year I’ll double it. FKE
OIP.uX9c5UtgNPKPZZDZ81MaHgAAAA

gmubrian

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
Ticket’s Camaro was egged after the MU loss. He posted a picture of it with “Thanks Friartown”

Apparently the fans were not happy with his tournament performance. He was renamed “Bricket” on a message board.
While I was walking back from MSG to my hotel after the game, there was a Friar fan going on a loud rant for several minutes about how he lost the game for them, etc. wasn’t a great look at all.

KAOriginal

All-American
While I was walking back from MSG to my hotel after the game, there was a Friar fan going on a loud rant for several minutes about how he lost the game for them, etc. wasn’t a great look at all.

Fans of non football schools are hard core.

If he does that at Tenn, they would have realized some spring football scrimmage was coming up and forgot about it in 5 minutes...

Patriot8

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Fans of non football schools are hard core.

If he does that at Tenn, they would have realized some spring football scrimmage was coming up and forgot about it in 5 minutes...
Ticket missed 2 free throws at the end of a game against Alabama in the SEC Tournament. Tennessee was down 1 with like 10 seconds to go or something. He didn’t hear the end of it for quite some time.

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Ticket missed 2 free throws at the end of a game against Alabama in the SEC Tournament. Tennessee was down 1 with like 10 seconds to go or something. He didn’t hear the end of it for quite some time.

He’s a frustrating player because one game he will look like he has NBA potential and then there will be games where he either doesn’t take a shot or he goes something like 1-9.

Regardless he always puts 1000% effort on the defense and on the glass (he’s very much like Billups that way), so it’s hard to hate on him too much.

Patriot8

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
He’s a frustrating player because one game he will look like he has NBA potential and then there will be games where he either doesn’t take a shot or he goes something like 1-9.

Regardless he always puts 1000% effort on the defense and on the glass (he’s very much like Billups that way), so it’s hard to hate on him too much.
He came in to the game for the first time with under a minute to go. UT down 1. Made a great defensive play on Herb Jones and then got fouled on the rebound with 25 seconds to go, still down 1. Neither free throw was close. Walked off the court with his head in his jersey. VJ Bailey misses a contested 3 at the buzzer and UT loses by 3.

He did what he was put in the game to do, but people lit into him about those free throws even after he left for Mason. I was producing our coaches show the night we beat Maryland, and had a couple of Vol fans watching near me. Ticket went to the line late in that game and a guy says "he'll probably blow these too".

Jack Strop

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
OH! They're gonna be turning over cars and lighting them on fire in Providence tonight (hopefully, not Ticket's car).

BC 62 – Prov. 57
Note: Game was tied at 57 with one minute to go, Providence in possession.

Last edited:

psyclone

Hall of Famer
OH! They're gonna be turning over cars and lighting them on fire in Providence tonight (hopefully, not Ticket's car).

BC 62 – Prov. 57
Note: Game was tied at 57 with one minute to go, Providence in possession.
Watched some of the game. Carter was unavailable for this game (20+ pts/game. leading assist guy for most of the conference season), and Pierre (I think),another big assist guy, got hurt in the second half. Baron also was unavailable for the game. So the Friars played the last few minutes with basically no pg.
Josh hardly touched the ball in the last couple of minutes---finished the game with 12 pts, 9 rebounds, 4 assists. Ticket with 7 pts, 0-6 from 3. Ugly end to the season.

EXpatriot13

All-Conference
GIVING DAY 2023
Kim's gonna need to work the hell out of the portal. Will be interesting to see who he brings in.
Big time loss of both production and veteran leadership (assuming Carter is headed to NBA) this offseason. Pressure will be turned up a notch to avoid going 0/2 in tournament appearances.

Verdad

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Big time loss of both production and veteran leadership (assuming Carter is headed to NBA) this offseason. Pressure will be turned up a notch to avoid going 0/2 in tournament appearances.
I'm of the opinion that Kim did pretty well this year given the injuries, but injuries aside he 1) inherited a great core of players from Cooley and 2) brought significant contributors from Mason.

Next year he'll have neither and the well of former players he's coached is dry. Will be verrrrry interesting to see what he does next year.

Sad for Josh he didn't get to dance, but glad I no longer have any reason to root for Providence.

GSII

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
Had Josh stayed at Mason, would he be Dancing tomorrow?

OP
M

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
I'm of the opinion that Kim did pretty well this year given the injuries, but injuries aside he 1) inherited a great core of players from Cooley and 2) brought significant contributors from Mason.

Next year he'll have neither and the well of former players he's coached is dry. Will be verrrrry interesting to see what he does next year.

Sad for Josh he didn't get to dance, but glad I no longer have any reason to root for Providence.
That is what I am waiting for with Kim, there's no more of the "last job guy coming with me" for him, so now he can prove what he can do. I think he will adjust better to the Big East this year but we'll see of course. I thought he turned the corner in the A10 as a coach halfway through year 2. Long way to go before next season though since their season just ended.

I think he did a good job this year considering what he had etc, but like @EXpatriot13 said, he will have to do well because he can't go 0/2 with regards to the NCAA tournament.

Also will be interesting to see if any of his expected core returners will hit the portal.

bravesfan

Starter
GIVING DAY 2023

Yup. And he doesn't have a great recruiting class. Currently ranked 106th on 247sports.

He may get a late signee, but he isn't loading up there. Portal has to be the way for them to compete next year.

OP
M

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Yup. And he doesn't have a great recruiting class. Currently ranked 106th on 247sports.

He may get a late signee, but he isn't loading up there. Portal has to be the way for them to compete next year.
Its only showing Ryan Mela for 2024 who isn't ranked super well, but they have a kid for 2025 Erhunmwunse Owsin who is a top 50 kid from Putnam Science. Mela had a lot of mid major offers and then Providence swooped in. They must feel like he was under recruited.

Doesn't help him for next year though. He will need portal help.