PROVIDENCE UPDATE

GMU79

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
- Devin Carter is currently projected to go 17th in the draft in ESPN's latest mock, so he's most likely gone
- Ticket and Josh are both out of eligibility after this year
- Justyn has been out all year with an injury, so no idea how he'll play in the BE all while Barron hasn't impressed

He's got a couple good players in Floyd and Pierre for next year, but given Mizzou is most likely about to go winless in conference play and move on from their coach is it crazy to say he could move there this offseason?
No, it's not.

GMU79

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Gates has a $25 million buy out, is coming off a really good season, and doesn’t currently have a boss.

He’s not going anywhere.
That is true. I was really thinking about it from KE's perspective. If offered, he would be gone yesterday.

tblack33

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
I’m in the hiring business. I have a business that places highly cleared intelligence and tech professionals to corporations.

I have had one candidate over the last 8 years who has interviewed with 5 clients and all were blown away and hired him every time.

And every time, about a year later he is fired for performance issues.

This is Kim English. On the outside, he fits the bill of the perfect coach. Says all the right things, has the right look, has the charm and the bullshit factor that just sweeps people off their feet in an interview. They fall in love with him so much that the recognition of incompetence gets delayed until the program is in shambles.

He is not a good coach. He will never be really successful. Which is why he will jump ship every time (if he can) if another opportunity comes up before he gets exposed.

So glad he isn’t here anymore.
He’s 5th in the big east with one of the best big men out for the season with an ACL tear, and his 6-7th man also out for the season with an ACL tear, with a Mason roster + an all American PG. Have you watched many Providence games this year? Kim has been coaching his a** off for the most part to get what he has out of what remains of that roster.

psyclone

Hall of Famer
Picture of Josh in Bubble Watch article:

"On Selection Sunday 2024, the Big East could flood the zone at the cut line. Providence, Butler and Seton Hall have all been mainstays in the "Work to do" category throughout February"

Also, Dayton still listed as a "Lock"

Last edited:
Me (not EYES Radio) is reporting a number of high-profile Mason donors are at Georgetown before the Friars' game tonight with the Hoyas.

Coach English addressed the donors before the game.

No word on whether they plan to or have donated to the Friars program. Of course historically a number of turncoats donated to the Miami program early last decade.

More to come.

jessej

All-Conference
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
At half time
GMU North 30
Georgetown 26

Terrible shooting from both teams

Oduro, Gaines, and Barron simultaneously on the court at least for 2 runs

Verdad

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Be sure to thumbs up this thumbs down

Attachments

• IMG_5039.jpeg
    IMG_5039.jpeg
    841.9 KB · Views: 86

tblack33

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Tonight’s win probably brings Providence off the bubble in KEs first season there.

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023

GMU79

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
The reporter actually said IN A POSTGAME PRESS CONFERENCE that “Black Twitter finds you hot.”

I’m sure KE was like, “Where the bleep did that come from?”

Extremely awkward.
Awkward, but yeah, that situation has seemed awkward anyway. Kind of a Twilight Zone issue. So he sort of brings it on himself.
Still, bottom line, if it's private it's private.

tblack33

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Awkward, but yeah, that situation has seemed awkward anyway. Kind of a Twilight Zone issue. So he sort of brings it on himself.
Still, bottom line, if it's private it's private.
Brings it on himself? This is such a wildly inappropriate question the BE should yank that reporters credentials. Flip the script, if a reporter told a woman coach that “black Twitter finds her attractive” and is she married, people would be rioting in the streets for that reporters head.

It’s tough, but you might have some of the worst takes on the entire internet.

GMU79

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Brings it on himself? This is such a wildly inappropriate question the BE should yank that reporters credentials. Flip the script, if a reporter told a woman coach that “black Twitter finds her attractive” and is she married, people would be rioting in the streets for that reporters head.

It’s tough, but you might have some of the worst takes on the entire internet.
Race had nothing to do with my comment.
And frankly, I wonder why you seem to always be in such a bad mood.