Possible coaching scenarios

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
...maybe fate has him in line to be our next coach. Unless that bridge is burned and pissed on.

The bridge may have been burned and pissed on with TOC, but the new AD and Cabrera dont' have any ties to the Larranaga disciples.

Not saying its gonna happen, but there's really no reason why they can't be considered.

GMUSig03

All-Conference
I'm pretty sure Coach L never told us he is Cuban until after he left.

Coach L did sign his name with the accent mark that he said our school was not able to figure out how to do, which is why it wasn't included in any printing of his name (I went back and checked an old signed picture I have of the OCM). I always thought the name was Italian.

Harry

Starter
There were a lot of Tennessee fans calling for Cuonzo Martin's head...at least before he made his NCAAT run this year. The more insightful fans are thinking they now may get stuck with Martin through a contract extension. I'm sure they would be thrilled if Marquette made him an offer.

Quentin Daniels

Hall of Famer
Doesn't mean Duke still isn't his when Coach K call it quits.

If Va Tech is seen as a better job - then Duke sure as heck is. If anything, gives Duke a chance to evaluate him as a head coach first.

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
Doesn't mean Duke still isn't his when Coach K call it quits.

If Va Tech is seen as a better job - then Duke sure as heck is. If anything, gives Duke a chance to evaluate him as a head coach first.

Wouldn't surprise me if Marquette is basically an audition for Wojo -- can't see Duke hiring a guy who's never been a HC on any level to replace one of the greatest coaches in the history of college basketball.

Speaking of which, when you think about how hard it's been for Hewitt taking over for Larranaga, can you imagine what it will be like for whoever Duke hires once Coach K quits?

Even knowing the salary, I'm not sure I'd want that job.

R

rockster

Spectator
Saw this somewhere, but I love the crazy idea of hiring Luke Hancock for our coach. First the guy is smart, knows the game (captain at Lousiville), Pitino loved him, totally under control. Second, we could probably get him for a very small starting salary, therefore not causing havoc with the payroll. Finally, I think the players would
relate to him, and want to play for him. Who cares if he's young, he is just damn good.
Did everyone see Pitino's son win the NIT., and he was a young first year coach.

Just think how the fans would respond to him. I say why not, there is no where to go but up. CAN YOU HEAR THE OVATION AT THE PATRIOT CENTER WHEN HE MAKES HIS ENTRACE. We need a boost of moral and talent.

What say ye?

KAOriginal

All-American
Saw this somewhere, but I love the crazy idea of hiring Luke Hancock for our coach. First the guy is smart, knows the game (captain at Lousiville), Pitino loved him, totally under control. Second, we could probably get him for a very small starting salary, therefore not causing havoc with the payroll. Finally, I think the players would
relate to him, and want to play for him. Who cares if he's young, he is just damn good.
Did everyone see Pitino's son win the NIT., and he was a young first year coach.

Just think how the fans would respond to him. I say why not, there is no where to go but up. CAN YOU HEAR THE OVATION AT THE PATRIOT CENTER WHEN HE MAKES HIS ENTRACE. We need a boost of moral and talent.

What say ye?

Im all in. If we're going to have a coach that look like a rookie with weird timeouts, no adjustments, and offense that makes no sense.....might as well get one we like who makes alot less bank.

For God's sakes we could hire Luke and and hire an X and Os assistant. Not to far fetched considering that's we talking about as it is...

What say ye?

What you have just wrote is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever read. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having read it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Walter

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
I say we just make Vaughn Gray our coach/bench warmer. Everyone likes him, he has had a lot of time to evaluate the players, he seems cool, and it would only cost us a scholarship. And he couldn't do any worse. BUT only if Virgil agrees to be an assistant coach.

GSII

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
Why not let the senior posters here coach. We can hire Okaloji to check his phone and convey messages to the players.