Possible coaching scenarios

Explains alot about what?

Given what is the issue here (him saying he graduated from UK when he didnt) no, thats not a giant issue to me...nor does that make him a terrorist or untrsutworthy person. We arent talking about paying players, murdering people or a drug addict.....While obviously its a silly thing to do and not right, because all it takes is one call.....people exaggerate resumes alot. Hell, Chef Robert Irvine from Restaraunt Impossible did it....

All things considered yes, if everything else checks out and he explains why.....I wouldnt have a problem hiring him. His coaching merits stand up imo as well.

God your generation sucks.

expendable smurf

Four-star Recruit
Explains alot about what?

Given what is the issue here (him saying he graduated from UK when he didnt) no, thats not a giant issue to me...nor does that make him a terrorist or untrsutworthy person. We arent talking about paying players, murdering people or a drug addict.....While obviously its a silly thing to do and not right, because all it takes is one call.....people exaggerate resumes alot. Hell, Chef Robert Irvine from Restaraunt Impossible did it....

All things considered yes, if everything else checks out and he explains why.....I wouldnt have a problem hiring him. His coaching merits stand up imo as well.
You want someone who lied about his qualifications to be responsible for teaching and mentoring athletes at a university? You really don't see how that's problematic (especially given that he lied about completing his degree)?

Patriotfan49

Starter
God your generation sucks.

lol...never fail, bring out the ole generation debate. The one and only time I actually have seen you (homecoming game in the alumni tent, you had a name tag on and it clicked), you were dressed like Indiana Jones or Dr. Grant from Jurrassic Park....a close to 40 some year old man dressed like that . So Im not sure what you intend to say with a generational comment like that.

No, I dont think he should be banned from coaching, nor would he be our first candidate. When I first posted that, the details werent clear why....they came out later. But after they came out, while it was dishonest....Id be alright if he was the top candidate and everything else checked out and he explained why he did what he did, he was tabbed the man.

Last edited:

Patriotfan49

Starter
You want someone who lied about his qualifications to be responsible for teaching and mentoring athletes at a university? You really don't see how that's problematic (especially given that he lied about completing his degree)?

I didnt say I wanted him through all that, just thought he was a good coach. When I posted it I didnt know why he was nixed. But yeah in the grand scheme of things, personally if he is a solid coach and thats all that was wrong and everything checked out...I wouldnt mind him if he was our choice. Hell Donte Stallworth killed a man, and he still suited up in the NFL....

Point being Im willing to give a guy another shot at coaching if thats all that was wrong. Would you rather him never coach again?

Last edited:

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
George O'Leary got another job after his resume fiasco at Notre Dame and has done very well at UCF.

Masiello will land on his feet, too, whether it's back at Manhattan or somewhere else.

But I still don't understand why coaches feel compelled to fudge their resumes.

Especially in Masiello's case, I highly doubt that being several credits short of his degree would've been a deal-breaker for the Manhattan administration.

Patriotfan49

Starter
George O'Leary got another job after his resume fiasco at Notre Dame and has done very well at UCF.

Masiello will land on his feet, too, whether it's back at Manhattan or somewhere else.

But I still don't understand why coaches feel compelled to fudge their resumes.

Especially in Masiello's case, I highly doubt that being several credits short of his degree would've been a deal-breaker for the Manhattan administration.

UCF's AD's generation sucks.

Pablo

Hall of Famer

O'Leary lied about playing football at New Hampshire and having earned a master's degree. I assume that nearly all D-I coaching jobs require a minimum of a bachelor's degree. If so, then Masiello knew he did not meet the academic requirements for coaching positions he held at Tulane, Louisville, & Manhattan, nor was he eligible for the South Florida job.

If he's unwilling to earn a bachelor's degree, then perhaps he should seek a position in pro ball.

Last edited:

KAOriginal

All-American
I'm pretty sure Coach L never told us he is Cuban until after he left.

Why is no one discussing this outlandish case of lying through omission when he was hired?

And more importantly why is no one discussing the discrimination by the most diverse university in the world in terms of not paying a Cuban-American his financial due?

This so makes my head hurt....

Washingtonian

Hall of Famer
Jeff Goodman ‏@GoodmanESPN 7m
Louisville assistant Kevin Keatts has agreed to a 5-year deal to take the UNC Wilmington job, sources confirmed ESPN.

OP
gmutom

gmutom

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
Louisville assistant Kevin Keatts has agreed to a 5-year deal to take the UNC Wilmington job, sources confirmed ESPN.

This sucks for Chris Caputo, since he was reportedly up for the job. Hope Chris gets some other interviews elsewhere.

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023

Wow, UNCW's administration finally did something right.

That, and TOC retiring in the same week?

I have literally seen it all.