Politics

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
F you guys.

Go and have all your parties with all your new friends! I can see it now. You and all the knee-jerk, bleeding-heart liberals, sipping tea and playing patty-cake. And those useless hippie pot-heads, those commie-pinko leftists. The bunny huggers, the pillow biters... and those beastly man-haters, tell those chicks to shave their pits then call me! And those gosh darn whiny crybaby minorities, you can keep them all!

So, I presume that you are protesting the change of our mascot from the Patriots to the Whopping Cranes?

Leesburg Chankenstank III

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
F you guys.

Go and have all your parties with all your new friends! I can see it now. You and all the knee-jerk, bleeding-heart liberals, sipping tea and playing patty-cake. And those useless hippie pot-heads, those commie-pinko leftists. The bunny huggers, the pillow biters... and those beastly man-haters, tell those chicks to shave their pits then call me! And those gosh darn whiny crybaby minorities, you can keep them all!

Yeah, f**k you too!

So, I presume that you are protesting the change of our mascot from the Patriots to the Whopping Cranes?

I fully support President Cabrera-Garcia-Thompson in his quest to give bisexual Asian studies its own building.

But who goes? The math department or the basketball team? I say the basketball team. Think about it.

MasonCrew

Starter
Any update on this? Sad to think we're removing students from positions for simply speaking about an issue that affects him personally. Free speech should be one of the most valued rights at our University, particularly considering our namesake, or is it now racist to mention any founding father because of their past faults? Also, is there an appropriate office within the university that I can send an email to announcing I will no longer contribute money to the university unless the person is reinstated?

Walter

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
My nephew went to an event this past weekend for high school seniors who have been accepted to the Honors College at Mason. He said during the first two hours he probably heard the word "diversity" mentioned 1000 times. It completely turned him off on Mason. Not saying diversity is bad, but when that is all you got to talk about to Honors students then maybe you need to come up with other selling points. Thing is, my nephew is a minority and it turned him off. Can you imagine what non minorities must have thought?

Is El Presidente driving the lefty lunacy at Mason?

Last edited:

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Any update on this? Sad to think we're removing students from positions for simply speaking about an issue that affects him personally. Free speech should be one of the most valued rights at our University, particularly considering our namesake, or is it now racist to mention any founding father because of their past faults? Also, is there an appropriate office within the university that I can send an email to announcing I will no longer contribute money to the university unless the person is reinstated?

I think Mason would be OK. Thomas Jefferson, though...that guy is poison in some circles.

Quentin Daniels

Hall of Famer
How so? Maybe I haven't been following his actions close enough.

I don't know if he's a lefty lunatic - not saying he is or isn't - but do recall him tweeting this out.

tpvA6P.jpg

He immediately got blasted for it as it was most definitely not what the study results revealed and proceeded to blame those offended for misunderstanding it and on twitter itself.

RzcLpl.png

After he got called out on this BS - he eventually admitted the poor word choice was his and took responsibility finally.

Incidentally - since the original retweet contains the phrase illegal immigrants, should Cabrera also be fired?

KAOriginal

All-American
My nephew went to an event this past weekend for high school seniors who have been accepted to the Honors College at Mason. He said during the first two hours he probably heard the word "diversity" mentioned 1000 times. It completely turned him off on Mason. Not saying diversity is bad, but when that is all you got to talk about to Honors students then maybe you need to come up with other selling points. Thing is, my nephew is a minority and it turned him off. Can you imagine what non minorities must have thought?

Is El Presidente driving the lefty lunacy at Mason?

And guess what...turns off alumni like me.

I stand by my argument....the more you promote the important value of "diversity", the more you actually divide people.

In the early 90s when I was there...Mason was diverse....it was no big deal. Other than my French II class with a professor who literally could not speak English (I'm talking literally standing there with a translation dictionary to try to talk to us...interesting how I didn't take a final but got an A after a bunch of us complained).....But it was just different people doing the same thing....learning.

Now its more important to value the types of students, than learning.

I hate to say it...but I probably wouldn't go to Mason if making the choice today.