Politics

smccart5

Starter
Don't get me wrong, i'm glad this was written. But page 15 of the broadside? May as well have been written on these boards. We need this to be the cover article: "How Mertin and TOC destroyed the Men's Basketball Program"

wijg

Starter
Don't get me wrong, i'm glad this was written. But page 15 of the broadside? May as well have been written on these boards. We need this to be the cover article: "How Mertin and TOC destroyed the Men's Basketball Program"
Or an alternative title or subtitle:

"AC and BE on the Verge of Wasting $85k With Huge AD Budget Cuts Looming"

OP
GMURaider

GMURaider

Sixth Man
Or an alternative title or subtitle:

"AC and BE on the Verge of Wasting $85k With Huge AD Budget Cuts Looming"

Wijg: It's better than nothing and I think they chose to put the positive story about Taylor Brown on the front.

wijg

Starter
Wijg: It's better than nothing and I think they chose to put the positive story about Taylor Brown on the front.
Raider, I was not complaining about the article at all. I was suggesting a title for smccart5's front page article.

I am glad it was written. I know some think this type of thing is bad publicity, but I think this type of thing is good for the program now and in the long run.

OP
GMURaider

GMURaider

Sixth Man
Raider, I was not complaining about the article at all. I was suggesting a title for smccart5's front page article.

I am glad it was written. I know some think this type of thing is bad publicity, but I think this type of thing is good for the program now and in the long run.

http://nique.net/opinions/2011/03/04/thrillerdome-without-thrill/

That was when Georgia Tech's Student Newspaper turned on him. I think ours was a little more hard hitting.

GSII

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
Does the student newapaper publish opinion columns submitted by non staffers?

One time during the Nestor years I wrote a column in Broadside lamenting how we couldn't beat Central Connecticut State and the AD called my student advisor and complained. Then I had to go meet with the AD. He was very nice but basically I'm pretty sure somewhere in the conversation threatened to break my kneecaps.
Pretty sure now Kvancz works for the Obama administration.

OP
GMURaider

GMURaider

Sixth Man