Patrick Holloway

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
Looks like he's getting more arch on his shot, DP benefits already showing

That's a great observation. It's obviously different when you're unguarded, but Pat's shot looks much softer in that video than it has been during his first 3 seasons at Mason.

It seemed in the past, Pat was so focused on getting his shot off quickly that the ball came out hard and flat more often than not.

He's always had a great work ethic. Hopefully it will pay dividends now that he's combining hard work with quality instruction from a coach who stresses fundamentals.

GSII

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
That's the shot I hope he drains all year from those kick outs from Shevon. Set up, and knock it down. No more panic mode, disorganized offense that leads to mindf**king, copeless and dissapointing endings.

GSII

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
Serious question: After 4 years of sh!tty-a$$ Hewitt-ball, if we don't have a disorganized offense next season, will any of us have a clue what we're watching?

We will be fine. Its the hewitt guys im worried about. Exorcisms dont always work.

Herndon

All-Conference
We will be fine. Its the hewitt guys im worried about. Exorcisms dont always work.
I don't know if we will be, at least this year. I say this because from all reports we're going to a very structured offense.

Now, structured offenses are fine, but to really excel in them, you have to know it COLD, so you can make the little reads/plays/adjustments within the offense that make it tough to deal with.

When you're still learning a super structured offense, it can be stagnant (see the triangle this year in NY), and you end up with a lot of "beat somebody off the dribble with the shotclock running down" plays.

I imagine we'll look pretty bad for at least the first half of this year, offensively.

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
If the staff is successful in only the following areas:

* Teaching our wings how to feed the post
* Teaching Shevon how to establish deep position on the block, recognize double-teams and find an open teammate
* Teaching our players to swing the ball quickly and take advantage of a scrambling defense to create wide-open shots

We'll be a thousand times better on offense than we were at any point in the last 3 seasons of the Hewitt suck-fest.

We have a 6-11 all-conference center with strength and athleticism. No excuse whatsoever to not be at least a decent offensive team with a weapon like that in the paint.

MasonFanatic

Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
* Teaching our players to swing the ball quickly and take advantage of a scrambling defense to create wide-open shots
This one kills me. I discussed it with one of the assistants after Hewitt's first season, and got the impression that he was also aware of it and deeply concerned about it - yet nothing changed in the subsequent 3 seasons. :bricks:

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
This one kills me. I discussed it with one of the assistants after Hewitt's first season, and got the impression that he was also aware of it and deeply concerned about it - yet nothing changed in the subsequent 3 seasons. :bricks:

Unfortunately Hewitt had never heard that you can move the ball far more efficiently via the pass than the dribble.

His entire stupid system was predicated on being able to isolate a mismatch and dribble the ball all the way to the goal.

Under DP, our guys will learn to share the ball or their butts will be glued to the bench.

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Unfortunately Hewitt had never heard that you can move the ball far more efficiently via the pass than the dribble.

His entire stupid system was predicated on being able to isolate a mismatch and dribble the ball all the way to the goal.

Under DP, our guys will learn to share the ball or their butts will be glued to the bench.

This works great when you have four players who can create their own shot any time they want -- not so great when you have zero.

GSII

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
Under the idiot, we wasted way too much energy trying to score. Glad its over.