Patrick Holloway

psyclone

Hall of Famer
[QUOTE="
And psyclone, when have we ever run a set play out of a timeout? :bunny:[/QUOTE]

While I agree that we don't seem to run set plays when we're in "last shot of the half" situations, I would argue that when there's a time out with us having the ball with 5 seconds or less, I remember Patrick running off of baseline picks from one side of the court to the other in order to shoot a 3. Maybe I'm hallucinating or those occasions are too rare to mention, but I can see it in my mind's eye.

99 Patriot

Starter
GIVING DAY 2023
I guess my point is that getting open is a bit of an artform (Brett Blizzard is probably about the best we've seen at this level, Rip Hamilton/Reggie Miller/Ray Allen mastered it as pros). Pat just hasn't shown me that yet. He'll often just float around or beg on the wing for the ball. I'd love to see him constantly playing cat and mouse with his defender often times resulting in wide open looks.

MasonFanatic

Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
In Pat's defense, there have also been plenty of occasions where he was open and his teammates either didn't see him at all, or waited too long to make the pass, allowing his defender to recover. We have at least one player on the roster that has a blind spot for open shooters in the corner.

But I agree, he could do significantly more to get himself open.

gmutom

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
I'm not she where he's at or why he's there, but I wonder if the wraps around his legs have something to do with it. Regardless, it's good news he has a smile on his face and that he will be out soon.

OP
Pablo

Pablo

Hall of Famer
I'm not she where he's at or why he's there, but I wonder if the wraps around his legs have something to do with it. Regardless, it's good news he has a smile on his face and that he will be out soon.

Tom,

The leg wraps could be to help increase blood circulation during and after a surgical procedure. Check out his right elbow.

Last edited:

gmutom

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
Looks like more PT for Gray/Edwards/Jackson on the wing. Wonder if this means they try Royal or Marko at the 3 again?

Even with his slump, Patrick was our most feared guard on any opponent's scouting report, so not having him Saturday will certainly hurt us offensively if he's out. That said, any chance we have of winning Saturday will be start and end with our perimeter defense.

Davidson leads the A10 in 3-pointers made (170) and FG percentage from behind the arc (just under 40%). They attempt an average of 27 threes a game, which is more than twice the number we attempt. Any shot we have Saturday will revolve around how well we defend. And judging by our horrible history of switching on screens, I'm thinking we'll be seeing a lot of uncontested Davidson 3s.

GSII

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
One thing we have is length. Kinda hard to shoot over long athletic guys. Right? Or am I creating false hope here?

Even with his slump, Patrick was our most feared guard on any opponent's scouting report, so not having him Saturday will certainly hurt us offensively if he's out. That said, any chance we have of winning Saturday will be start and end with our perimeter defense.

Davidson leads the A10 in 3-pointers made (170) and FG percentage from behind the arc (just under 40%). They attempt an average of 27 threes a game, which is more than twice the number we attempt. Any shot we have Saturday will revolve around how well we defend. And judging by our horrible history of switching on screens, I'm thinking we'll be seeing a lot of uncontested Davidson 3s.

They have great balance. 5 players in double figures. They also, amazingly enough, are +5.6 in rebounding. So they shoot it well and rebound misses. Also are good FT shooters.

Oh and they only turn it over about 10x a game. Going to be fun to watch them play Dayton tonight....

GSII

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
Davidson up 12 at half. 61% from 3pt vs #22 Dayton. We got them.

OP
Pablo

Pablo

Hall of Famer
Patrick Holloway has never missed a game in his career (86 consecutive games). It appears that this streak will come to an end on Saturday:

1. 8:24 AM - 22 Jan 2015
    Patrick Holloway ‏@Pat_Holloway3 3h3 hours ago
    But on another note I'm ready to get up outa here

0 replies0 retweets1 favorite
    Retweet
    Favorite1
    More
Follow
Rodney‏@Mr__Feeny
@Pat_Holloway3 glad your feeling better bro...they say when you gettin out?

Retweet
Favorite
More

8:27 AM - 22 Jan 2015

1. 8:27 AM - 22 Jan 2015
    Patrick Holloway ‏@Pat_Holloway3 3h3 hours ago
    @Mr__Feeny I appreciate it bruh but hopefully within the next couple days