OT - NCAA Tourney Talk

psyclone

Hall of Famer
Sorry that my K-State Wildcats couldn't continue their run....FAU really killed them off the boards to make up for all their turnovers. And Johnson's foul troubles didn't help in getting Nowell some support at the offensive end.

Still, quite a season for a first-year head coach with only 2 returning players! We can only dream of replicating their year with whomever our new coach will be!

GMU79

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Sorry that my K-State Wildcats couldn't continue their run....FAU really killed them off the boards to make up for all their turnovers. And Johnson's foul troubles didn't help in getting Nowell some support at the offensive end.

Still, quite a season for a first-year head coach with only 2 returning players! We can only dream of replicating their year with whomever our new coach will be!
Would love to see us beat KE to the tourney!

GMUYoda

All-Conference
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
nah the dude had an easy floater if the Creighton guy didn't push him in his side... massively affected his ability to make a shot on a great look that he earned. not a ticky tack call at all
I don't think the left hand on his hip really altered his shot though. Looked like the shot was up before heavier contact was made

Pikapppatri8

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
nah the dude had an easy floater if the Creighton guy didn't push him in his side... massively affected his ability to make a shot on a great look that he earned. not a ticky tack call at all

Agreed - still a great game -- really good game

illayin

Sixth Man
I don't think the left hand on his hip really altered his shot though. Looked like the shot was up before heavier contact was made

he was putting force against the shooter's body before the shot was off...not only that, but using the shooter's body to get a better chance to block the shot. he got beat off the dribble and ended up creating contact from behind and fouling out of desperation to try to block the shot. he would have had no chance to defend that shot without fouling. to me the fact he got beat off the dribble and was completely behind the shooter when initiating contact makes any argument against the call moot.