OT - NCAA Tourney Talk

GMUSSTN

Starter
GIVING DAY 2023
I don't root for 'em, I won't root for 'em.

Celebrate Rest In Peace GIF by Jason Clarke

GMU79

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
While so many of us are reveling over vcu's misery, the downside is the A10's reputation as a 1 bid league looks especially deserved when that one team gets beat immediately.
Worth it for vcu to lose, and blame it on the refs to boot.

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
While so many of us are reveling over vcu's misery, the downside is the A10's reputation as a 1 bid league looks especially deserved when that one team gets beat immediately.

This doesn’t even matter. CAA was a 1-bid League for decades. By 2011 we had 3 teams in, one team making the round of 32, a second making the conference’s second final four.

In other words, each individual school has to put in the work to bring the conference back to its historic strength.

Also screw vcu.

Five Two

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
FDU shouldn't even be in the tournament. Merrimack won the NEC but is ineligible because they've not been DI long enough. Because of this, I think this is a bigger upset than UMBC.

Falco

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
New Jersey can ball. Last year it was Saint Peter's. This year Princeton and FDU. We have to find out where are they recruiting from. Mason needs that scrappy tough attitude.

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
New Jersey can ball. Last year it was Saint Peter's. This year Princeton and FDU. We have to find out where are they recruiting from. Mason needs that scrappy tough attitude.

Otis was from Jersey.

Only two players on Princeton is from Jersey, two from neighboring PA.

Only 1 player on FDU is from NJ, although they have several from NYC, including our favorite school (Mount Vernon).

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Plenty of talent in northern jersey prep schools and nyc. Rutgers has lots of home grown guys. They had trouble for years keeping guys home. It’s like us recruiting Maryland dc and northern va.