OT - Brion's Grille is closed.

By George.

Starter
Brion's space is too big for either of those things.

So, which one of you is going to start a George Mason inspired microbrew and open a gastropub in Brion's place? I'd call it The Experimental Archeologist and brew nothing but Colonial era recipes (including the George Washington Porter).

You're welcome for making you rich.
We actually looked into it, they’re looking for a chain restaurant and offering a generous tenant improvement budget.

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Heard Applebees or Bennigans (making a comeback?) last night...

If I recall correctly when I used to go to Applebees, they actually used to have a lot of local sports stuff up. I have no clue if they still do that however.

He15man

Starter
I obviously don't go to the Gold Room on a regular basis, but the few times I have come down for games the last few years it does seem like the food has improved. Its just very crowded and some items run out etc. The alcohol selection has improved though.
I don't go to the Gold room regularly either, but the few times I've gotten passes and gone I've found the food to be fine. I think I remember pasta once, fried chicken another time I believe... so basic stuff, but good enough. The issue is the amount of space. It's WAY too packed down there with not enough tables or chairs or benches to make it comfortable to eat and/or socialize. We definitely need a better room for that kind of stuff.

OP
Patriotsince81

Patriotsince81

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
At this point I just want a bar/restaurant open by the beginning of the season so I have a place to meet up with friends before and after games to shoot the bull about Mason bball. Give me several cold beers, good food, and a place to sit. I'll be satisfied.

GSII

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
How do other restuarants do in Fairfax near the campus? Seems like its always been a struggle for most.

JimP

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
If I recall correctly when I used to go to Applebees, they actually used to have a lot of local sports stuff up. I have no clue if they still do that however.
Yeah, my local Applebee's does that. Ain't no Brion's...sigh

Older than dirt

Four-star Recruit
I don't go to the Gold room regularly either, but the few times I've gotten passes and gone I've found the food to be fine. I think I remember pasta once, fried chicken another time I believe... so basic stuff, but good enough. The issue is the amount of space. It's WAY too packed down there with not enough tables or chairs or benches to make it comfortable to eat and/or socialize. We definitely need a better room for that kind of stuff.
I remember when the Patriot Club room was A Class Room in the PE BUILDING (ie RAC). Serving chips Beer and soda.