OT - Brion's Grille is closed.

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
This is such awful news. And he closed it up after the Marsh's retirement party it looked like.

If he was behind on paying the bills I wish he reached out to everyone so we could help. They always helped Mason athletics a ton and were staple.

What the hell are we going to do before games now? And those stools better be given to you, @Patriotsince81

OP
Patriotsince81

Patriotsince81

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
This is such awful news. And he closed it up after the Marsh's retirement party it looked like.

If he was behind on paying the bills I wish he reached out to everyone so we could help. They always helped Mason athletics a ton and were staple.

What the hell are we going to do before games now? And those stools better be given to you, @Patriotsince81
Oh George has never embraced Mason fans and Velocity Wings is a dump. It will be interesting to see what, if anything, happens in the coming weeks. Brion's a real good guy. A sad day in Fairfax to say the least.

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Oh George has never embraced Mason fans and Velocity Wings is a dump. It will be interesting to see what, if anything, happens in the coming weeks. Brion's a real good guy. A sad day in Fairfax to say the least.
I know Oh George hasn't embraced Mason Athletics or our community much which is a shame.

Who wants to open up the official Masonhoops.com bar for all of us?

MasonSAE4

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
@mhAdmin Sir, requesting a one-time exemption from the censor to say that Oh George is shithole run by absolute cunts who don't have a f**king clue how to treat customers

dr. gunnie

Administrator
Staff member
‪Something seems fishy. It was a post on Brion’s personal page, and it wasn’t even a post, it was a pic of a post. Not buying it… yet. ‬

OP
Patriotsince81

Patriotsince81

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
I’m not friends with him so maybe it’s just what has made public on his page. Would suck if true. Gotta think that the Mason community would easily cover any rent to help him out if that was the truly the case.
I am friends with Brion. Unfortunately it's real.

tblack33

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Damn, this sucks. I've tried to make a concerted effort to go to Brions more often during the pandemic to help support them, wish that there was something folks could have done if they knew they were in this bad of trouble. Bad timing, they just completed that huge reno right before COVID, couldn't have helped this.

tblack33

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
I would love to see a former player or someone with ties to Mason athletics open something up there. The last thing the area needs is another cookie cutter hipster bullshit.

gmubrian

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
I would love to see a former player or someone with ties to Mason athletics open something up there. The last thing the area needs is another cookie cutter hipster bullshit.
"George Evans' Grille"

Mason32

Starter
How bad of a business owner is he, doesn't Mason have him cater every home game and many other events? Is the revamped strip mall there jacking up the lease payments I'm guessing?

OP
Patriotsince81

Patriotsince81

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
How bad of a business owner is he, doesn't Mason have him cater every home game and many other events? Is the revamped strip mall there jacking up the lease payments I'm guessing?
The cumulative effects of Covid have killed many a business.