OOC Opponent Tracker 2014-15

JimP

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Obviously hate vcu like a good GMU fan should, but talk about a heartbreaking turn of events for Weber.

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
Obviously hate vcu like a good GMU fan should, but talk about a heartbreaking turn of events for Weber.

I feel bad for the kid, but am getting a pretty good chuckle out of reading their board. Several of their namby-pamby posters acknowledge they're actually crying over a sports injury.

Waaaaaaa. He's not dead or even permanently disabled. Get a f@cking grip already.

A lot of people try to say that Hewitt's second year wasn't so bad, but we were already a middling CAA team by his second year. I am not so sure we would even be as high as middling at this point.

It's not so much that the year was great, but clearly there was progress made as the year went on, which was encouraging. It was not a veteran team, so playing better down the stretch was a great sign.

Last year ruined most of that.

wijg

Starter
It's not so much that the year was great, but clearly there was progress made as the year went on, which was encouraging. It was not a veteran team, so playing better down the stretch was a great sign.

Last year ruined most of that.
But How much of that improvement was Arledge's mini beast mode at the end of the season?

If I recall correctly (and I am going purely off the top of my head) that was a significant part of it. Then Hewitt manages to push him out of the program, fortunately for him, before Hewitt can do his patented Vulcan mind f*ck on him.

But How much of that improvement was Arledge's mini beast mode at the end of the season?

If I recall correctly (and I am going purely off the top of my head) that was a significant part of it. Then Hewitt manages to push him out of the program, fortunately for him, before Hewitt can do his patented Vulcan mind f*ck on him.

Aw, beats me.

It definitely wasn't a great year, plus even late we got waxed at Homecoming (as usual) vs. Georgia St., choked against NE in the tourney, lost to Towson at home after beating them on the road, etc.

But the CBI run you could say we played a lot better as a team, which was encouraging and boded well for the next year.

Plus it was the last time we might ever beat UVA again, that year.

JimP

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Aw, beats me.

It definitely wasn't a great year, plus even late we got waxed at Homecoming (as usual) vs. Georgia St., choked against NE in the tourney, lost to Towson at home after beating them on the road, etc.

But the CBI run you could say we played a lot better as a team, which was encouraging and boded well for the next year.

Plus it was the last time we might ever beat UVA again, that year.

That CBI run gave me hope. False hope it turned out.

Five Two

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Now #18 Northern Iowa beat #12 Wichita St yesterday. It was the first time two ranked MVC teams played each other in 33 years

sigmanorm

Starter
Manhattan won by 10 and they are heading to the big dance...at least we beat them on a 75 ft heave! Our record against the 2015 Tournament field is 1-0 so far!!

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Manhattan won by 10 and they are heading to the big dance...at least we beat them on a 75 ft heave! Our record against the 2015 Tournament field is 1-0 so far!!

You never know, Richmond might sneak in there with the auto-bid (you know how the A-10 goes). Is it time to fire up the at-large PR machine?