NIL Thread

Falco

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
Not aware of anything they are doing NIL-wise, but if you’re not willing to go broke, I have some bad news for you regarding Give Day…
lol for the record I’m not actually going broke, I just hate parting with my money lol.

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
I know everyone has (and is entitled to different) thoughts on NIL. However, in order to compete Mason is going to need all the help they can get in this regard. If we want to see us reel in big recruits and compete at an A10 level for recruits, we will need to be able to fund NIL appropriately.

Hopefully we can do some sort of fundraising exercise all together much like we did on giving day, and in the same way we help @HoopsAdmin fund our website.

Patriot8

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023

Attachments

• D2C009C6-2C41-404A-AA98-BD2FEE73DF84.jpeg
    D2C009C6-2C41-404A-AA98-BD2FEE73DF84.jpeg
    85.2 KB · Views: 115
  • E8C05630-4560-424C-A3FB-0C0F6D34FF6B.jpeg
    E8C05630-4560-424C-A3FB-0C0F6D34FF6B.jpeg
    85.3 KB · Views: 108

Dawgs99

Starter
This is more than I thought, especially on the high end. Is this just collective money or does this also encompass all NIL money on the average? I find it hard to believe that anyone on our current roster is making 60k a year but if they are more power to them!

Patriot8

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
This is more than I thought, especially on the high end. Is this just collective money or does this also encompass all NIL money on the average? I find it hard to believe that anyone on our current roster is making 60k a year but if they are more power to them!
It doesn’t specify, but I’ll assume it’s collective + brand deals the collective played a role in facilitating.

I think many people on these boards would be surprised at what some Mason players are earning.

Walter

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
Maybe someone has already made this point, but in a world of the portal and NIL, non-P4 schools with football are going to have a tough time raising NIL money for both football and basketball. Non-football schools like Mason should have a significant advantage. Yes, I know JMU was good at both this year, but I doubt their high school teacher alumni will be able to fund football and basketball. We will never be able to pay more than a P5 school, but we should be able to pay more than other mid-majors who have football.

Last edited:

Old Man

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
Not so fast. There is a Billionaire trying to build a little stadium on campus. Maybe the FSC can fire up the champagne room for him?
Haven't seen a reference to the FSC since Fro was around. Nice pull. And yes, get that champagne room going.

tblack33

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Some folks thoughts on this really perplex me.

Think NIL is a scam, but you still give money to the program through donations and attend games as a season ticket holder? That’s perfectly fine, you are still helping out, keep doing what you are doing we need it.

Think the school wastes money hand over fist or you live far away and can’t make enough games to make season tickets worthwhile so you donate to the collective so we can put together a talented team for you to watch on TV? That’s also perfectly fine, you are still helping out.

Donate to both the school and collective? You are a rockstar, we need more like you until something changes in the rules.

It’s the people that don’t donate to the school, don’t donate to the collective, and don’t go to games, but still sit around and complain about the program and the state of college sports that really confuse me. Like what are you doing here? You don’t want to be a part of any solution? How is this enjoyable? You are literally just sitting around waiting for lightning to strike to enjoy this thing.

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Some folks thoughts on this really perplex me.

Think NIL is a scam, but you still give money to the program through donations and attend games as a season ticket holder? That’s perfectly fine, you are still helping out, keep doing what you are doing we need it.

Think the school wastes money hand over fist or you live far away and can’t make enough games to make season tickets worthwhile so you donate to the collective so we can put together a talented team for you to watch on TV? That’s also perfectly fine, you are still helping out.

Donate to both the school and collective? You are a rockstar, we need more like you until something changes in the rules.

It’s the people that don’t donate to the school, don’t donate to the collective, and don’t go to games, but still sit around and complain about the program and the state of college sports that really confuse me. Like what are you doing here? You don’t want to be a part of any solution? How is this enjoyable? You are literally just sitting around waiting for lightning to strike to enjoy this thing.
I wish I could like this post 50 times.

It takes all of us to help in our own ways if we want our program to be good. If everyone pitched in $10 a month, to either the program or NIL we'd have even a lot more money at our disposal.

gmuballer14

Sixth Man
Didn't know where to ask this. But does Dayton get any money or something for always hosting the First Four? Even if they don't they must love the free advertisement.

OP
jessej

jessej

All-Conference
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Didn't know where to ask this. But does Dayton get any money or something for always hosting the First Four? Even if they don't they must love the free advertisement.
i dont know exactly but as a minimum that gets access to a pool of tix to sell to its season ticket holders

1) i have Georgetown partial season tix - 10 game tickets per season - and that allows me to purchase up to 8 100-level tix when they host the Tourney

2) i am a Penn graduate and Basketball Donor - 2 years ago they cohosted the Regionals and i was able to buy 4 100-level tix to each session

Last edited:

GSII

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
Clearly Tony Bennett has zero NIL budget and it shows.

He may join Roy, Mike and Jay soon.