Jalen Jenkins

Pablo

Hall of Famer
In the first 10 games, Jalen Jenkins has 37 personal fouls in 229 minutes played. This is an average of about 1 personal foul every 6.2 minutes:

Cornell: 4 in 22 minutes
Princeton: 3 in 31 minutes
West Virginia: 4 in 21 minutes
New Mexico: 4 in 21 minutes
College of Charleston: 5 in 19 minutes
Manhattan: 3 in 32 minutes
ODU: 3 in 28 minutes
UNI: 5 in 26 minutes
Catawba: 2 in 11 minutes
Iona: 4 in 18 minutes

GMUSig03

All-Conference
I had the perfect view of the shot from my baseline seat and could tell it was online as soon as it left his hand, didn't think it was going to go in but I could tell it was online. After it went in I knew that was going to be the highlight of the season and I was happy we at least got that.

sigmanorm

Starter
Those little leaguers in the baseball highlight are my Fairfax Little League kids! We lucked out an made that game the Fairfax Little League day. Kids got a great experience with a walk off win and autographs from the team!

MasonFanatic

Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
I had the perfect view of the shot from my baseline seat and could tell it was online as soon as it left his hand, didn't think it was going to go in but I could tell it was online. After it went in I knew that was going to be the highlight of the season and I was happy we at least got that.
Viewed from the side, I had the opposite viewpoint - I could tell Jalen's shot had exactly the right distance but I couldn't tell if it was online or not.

The Great PATSby

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Viewed from the side, I had the opposite viewpoint - I could tell Jalen's shot had exactly the right distance but I couldn't tell if it was online or not.

With your outstanding horizontal judgement and Joe Shannon's exceptional vertical perception, y'all should tag team those stuffed animal crane machines in the arcade. You two could do some major damage.

OP
Pablo

Pablo

Hall of Famer
Despite being ill which kept him out of the starting lineup, Jalen continued his consecutive-game streak and gave the Patriots a big lift off the bench vs. JMU.

OP
Pablo

Pablo

Hall of Famer
In Mason's 79-60 victory this afternoon at Penn, redshirt senior forward Jalen Jenkins shot 9-11 from the field. In 11 games this season, he's made 72.6% of his FGA's (53-73). Mason's season record for FG% (minimum 100 attempts) is held by Will Thomas at 64.2% (208-324).

OP
Pablo

Pablo

Hall of Famer
In the first 11 games this season, redshirt senior forward Jalen Jenkins is averaging 2.1 assists per game with an assist/turnover ratio of 1.0 (23/22). Jalen has as many assists playing the "5" so far this season as Shevon Thompson had in his entire career at Mason.

Patriotsince81

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
In the first 11 games this season, redshirt senior forward Jalen Jenkins is averaging 2.1 assists per game with an assist/turnover ratio of 1.0 (23/22). Jalen has as many assists playing the "5" so far this season as Shevon Thompson had in his entire career at Mason.
I was thinking the exact same thing as I watched the Penn game. At least two occasions when Jalen passed out of a double team to a teammate for a wide open 3. Shevon would have turned it over both times.

Petey Buckets

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
I was thinking the exact same thing as I watched the Penn game. At least two occasions when Jalen passed out of a double team to a teammate for a wide open 3. Shevon would have turned it over both times.

Jalen was clinical against Penn. He kept attacking Brodeur to start the game and it became clear Brodeur couldn't guard him straight up. When Penn started sending the double-team Jalen found shooters. He assisted on at least two of our seven threes.

I know a lot of people thought we'd miss Shevon's production this year, but we're much better offensively. We're rocking a 106.7 O rating compared to a 98.1 last year. We absolutely needed what Shevon gave us to be remotely competitive given how young we were, but Jalen is giving us much of the same without all the infuriating turnovers.

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Jalen was clinical against Penn. He kept attacking Brodeur to start the game and it became clear Brodeur couldn't guard him straight up. When Penn started sending the double-team Jalen found shooters. He assisted on at least two of our seven threes.

I know a lot of people thought we'd miss Shevon's production this year, but we're much better offensively. We're rocking a 106.7 O rating compared to a 98.1 last year. We absolutely needed what Shevon gave us to be remotely competitive given how young we were, but Jalen is giving us much of the same without all the infuriating turnovers.

To be a little fair to Shevon, he got better a handling double teams in the paint in the back half of the year. With another year of eligibility, who knows how good he would have been?

It really did look like Jalen was playing against little kids in the first half of Penn