Goodbye Tyler Kolek

GSII

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
I'm sure we'll have our fair share of kids leaving but will also have our fair share of kids that will want to come and play in the Atlantic 10. That was one of the big draws that DP used to get the semi decent recruits we have had.

TweederGMU

All-Conference
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
50/50 shot we can retain him... you all mofo's already acting like he gone. Damn.... let this play out.

Hundreds of kids to choose from in the portal, don't mind giving up a year or two in order to really build something here with hopefully a great coach to build on.

tblack33

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
50/50 shot we can retain him... you all mofo's already acting like he gone. Damn.... let this play out.

Hundreds of kids to choose from in the portal, don't mind giving up a year or two in order to really build something here with hopefully a great coach to build on.
I'd give up 12 Tyler Koleks for one English or Skinn.

Patriotsince81

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
I'd give up 12 Tyler Koleks for one English or Skinn.
I'm going to disagree with you on this. I think Kolek has the chance to be a special player and an all-time favorite by the time he is done. Now that DP is gone we can actually watch a player get better every year.

emjayar08

Sixth Man
I remember some people saying similar things about Hancock.

Yeah well he went from 28 minutes per game at Mason that probably would've been well over 30 his Jr year to 22 and 23 mins per game at UL. But he obviously made his minutes count come March Madness.

tblack33

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
If Kolek comes back after being contacted by 50 other programs, many of which are much closer to being NCAA caliber than Mason, that will be a coup by KE
I give it 50/50 odds. Hard to tell what Kolek values in terms of being closer to home, exposure, etc. Would be a pretty good steal if we can convince him to stay and will go a long way to proving right off the bat how good of a recruiter English is. I don't think it's a huge red flag if he still ends up transferring though.

GSII

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
Nah they just wanted to congratulate him on A-10 Rookie of the Year and let him know where he can find some strippers working for free near Louisville.

Well that's a win win.

Pablo

Hall of Famer

Jeff Borzello
@jeffborzello

·
7h

George Mason transfer Tyler Kolek has heard from Boston College, Providence, Vanderbilt, TCU, Notre Dame, Stanford, UConn, Saint Mary's, East Carolina, Davidson, Richmond, Wofford, Loyola Chicago and Butler. A-10 Rookie of the Year, averaged 10.8 points this season.

ephoops

Starter
No offense to Mason and English, but if Kolek can play hoops and get a degree from Stanford or (to a lesser extent) Notre Dame that might be very difficult to pass up.