Goodbye Tyler Kolek

Quentin Daniels

Hall of Famer
I was trying to find who the other ROWs have been this season but A-10 website isn't helpful.

With 3 ROWs on the season, have to think Kolek's a lock for A-10 Rookie Team honors but wondering where he is in contention for ROY.

I was trying to find who the other ROWs have been this season but A-10 website isn't helpful.

With 3 ROWs on the season, have to think Kolek's a lock for A-10 Rookie Team honors but wondering where he is in contention for ROY.

According to Petey who is the brightest young Mason mind on Twitter by far he did a post/poll that there are three candidates and Kolek is one of them but I can't remember the other two because who cares

Patriotsince81

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
Great numbers for a first year player. His future is bright if he continues to evolve and grow his game. He will be a marked man next year assuming he stays so showing improvement will not be easy. I am confident he will work his a** off to get better.

Positives:
10.8 pointes per game. (3rd on the team)
3.6 rebounds per game. (5th on the team)
2.3 assists per game. (1st on the team) That is one scary stat right there. A freshman shooting guard leading the team in assists. Great for him, downright sad in terms of the team.
30.7 minutes per game. (2nd on the team)
35.8% from 3. (3rd on the team). I think this will improve with more experience.

Needs improvement in my opinion:
Better shot selection. At times this season he took some bad shots more out of desperation or necessity but he will need to greatly improve his 39.9% shooting percentage.
Ball handling can be tightened up.
His one on one defense was better than expected but it can always be improved upon. Good team defender.

gmutom

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
I agree Kolek is likely gone. I believe Miller and Oduro having local ties could keep them here under a new regime, as could guys like Polite and Johnson if the new coach wants them. It will be interesting if Frazer and Henry stick it out or head somewhere closer to home.

tblack33

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Hope I’m wrong but in this case I don’t see any chance he stays. I’m sure he is already hearing from people that he can do better than Mason.
If y’all haven’t noticed folks in his ear on Twitter since conference play started then you just aren’t paying attention. I agree do whatever you can to keep him, but he’s probably gone.