Goodbye Tyler Kolek

Mason2005

All-American
GIVING DAY 2023
Thanks for sharing. I know you can’t compare two recruits or the type of competition apples to apples, but any idea what would make him different and/or better than JDS was in high school? Just seems like JDS was a knockdown shooter then, but it didnt’ translate to D1. I just hope it works out for Kolek.

From my understanding, Kolek and Polite are supposed to be very very good. Stating the obvious, but I did hear a comparison that made me very intrigued.

Kolek's form looks much better than JDS. Word on the street is that the 3 pt line moving back really effected him. His shot is a flat beamer one so it makes sense.

Patriotsince81

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
I'm at the point where I'll believe it if I EVER see it. Kolek is a 2 star recruit. Malik Henry, our top rated recruit, is rated at 3 stars. We beat out the likes of La Tech, Oral Roberts, and Samford to land him. https://n.rivals.com/content/prospects/2020/malik-henry-238147

DP has missed/failed on everyone entering the program to date. If he had hit a homer we'd have danced by now. We have zero NIT or NCAA appearances under DP. In year 5 of DP we're not even close to dancing, instead we're looking at 5 - 13, maybe 6 - 12. I refuse to blow smoke up his sorry a$$.

Last edited:

sleeperpick

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
I'm at the point where I'll believe it if I EVER see it. Kolek is a 2 star recruit. Malik Henry, our top rated recruit, is rated at 3 stars. We beat out the likes of La Tech, Oral Roberts, and Samford to land him. https://n.rivals.com/content/prospects/2020/malik-henry-238147

DP has missed/failed on everyone entering the program to date. If he had hit a homer we'd have danced by now. We have zero NIT or NCAA appearances under DP. In year 5 of DP we're not even close to dancing, instead we're looking at 5 - 13, maybe 6 - 12. I refuse to continue to blow smoke up his sorry a$$.
before the mouth breathers on here correct you I will do so about Malik. We also beat out Murray St, Texas St, Southern Illinois, North Texas... I vehemently agree with your ultimate point though in the end... not excited to have exactly 0 class balance again next season with 7 Pg/Sg on the roster...

Patriotsince81

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
before the mouth breathers on here correct you I will do so about Malik. We also beat out Murray St, Texas St, Southern Illinois, North Texas... I vehemently agree with your ultimate point though in the end... not excited to have exactly 0 class balance again next season with 7 Pg/Sg on the roster...
Not exactly Duke, Kansas, Dayton, vcu, or even St. Bonaventure.

Last edited:

tblack33

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Maybe he is trying to find his version of Jarrett Jack that makes this style of offense actually work.

I think that’s part of the problem, I’m not sure if we can find the type of player he needs for this system with the caliber of players we are recruiting. You really need a do it all guard who can score in traffic and pass at an elite level and a high IQ athletic big man to make our offense work the way it’s designed. I just don’t see anyone who can do what we need at the level we recruit at now.

P

PoorManProfit

Spectator

DP has missed/failed on everyone entering the program to date. If he had hit a homer we'd have danced by now. We have zero NIT or NCAA appearances under DP. In year 5 of DP we're not even close to dancing, instead we're looking at 5 - 13, maybe 6 - 12. I refuse to blow smoke up his sorry a$$.

You better stop with all that truth now...

Mason2005

All-American
GIVING DAY 2023
I completely agree that DP can't recruit at the A10 level. Fordham recruits better than us....

gmubrian

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
I think that’s part of the problem, I’m not sure if we can find the type of player he needs for this system with the caliber of players we are recruiting. You really need a do it all guard who can score in traffic and pass at an elite level and a high IQ athletic big man to make our offense work the way it’s designed. I just don’t see anyone who can do what we need at the level we recruit at now.
Agreed, I was being sarcastic. If you don't already know, look what team Jarrett Jack coached in 03-04 and who was the figurehead of that team.

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️

Kolek was at least being recruited by St. Bonaventure, Richmond, and Vermont (not an A10 school, but really solid program). He’s also currently ranked as a 3 star on ESPN and is ranked the No. 1 player in Rhode Island (whatever that’s worth). What that translates to when he gets here, who knows?

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Agreed, I was being sarcastic. If you don't already know, look what team Jarrett Jack coached in 03-04 and who was the figurehead of that team.

he knew how to run this play very well

Attachments

• F5B5025F-8AFE-4C31-A9F1-AFE7011D0F6C.jpeg
    F5B5025F-8AFE-4C31-A9F1-AFE7011D0F6C.jpeg
    65.5 KB · Views: 422

FreeGunston12

All-American
Yeah, let's not take our frustration with DP out on this kid. I think he could be a good one. He definitely seems to look stronger than our average recruit.

GMU_DCU

All-Conference
Yeah, let's not take our frustration with DP out on this kid. I think he could be a good one. He definitely seems to look stronger than our average recruit.
And we’ve had good luck with a previously under recruited deceptively athletic kid in the past.

Patriotsince81

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
Kolek was at least being recruited by St. Bonaventure, Richmond, and Vermont (not an A10 school, but really solid program). He’s also currently ranked as a 3 star on ESPN and is ranked the No. 1 player in Rhode Island (whatever that’s worth). What that translates to when he gets here, who knows?
I hope like hell it translates into ROY, 3 time first team all A10, and two time POY. But, given past history I'm not going to bet the farm on that.

ephoops

Starter
I think Kolek has a chance to be very good player in the A-10. I like his shooting form. There’s not a lot of wasted motion; it’s very smooth and repeatable.

I also like his ball-handling ability and court awareness. He appears to see the whole court fairly well.

He’ll need to get stronger but that should come as he matures.