Goodbye Tyler Kolek

gmubrian

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
He’s making it seem like he was unwanted and nobody believes in him.
I wonder if that was Paulsen's influence. We heard he was using our talk of him needing to be fired as locker room motivations. Mabe he saying stuff like "Guys, they are betting against us, they don't think we can win, etc." when in reality we didn't think Paulsen could win. Pretty much everyone on here was very high on Kolek.

Pablo

Hall of Famer

"Kolek’s most recent list included contact from the Warriors, conference rival Connecticut and a host of strong programs throughout the sport Oklahoma, Penn State, Virginia, Richmond and Davidson were among several options. He ultimately opted for a league that guarantees at least one game in front of friends and family each season. The round robin schedule in the Big East brings the Warriors to the Dunkin’ Donuts Center annually."

"Kolek has raised his profile considerably from a prospect who was the NEPSAC Class B Player of the Year with the Dragons in 2019-20 and a grassroots standout with Middlesex Magic. The 6-foot-3 left-hander listed offers from the Spiders, St. Bonaventure, Northeastern, Holy Cross and Vermont when he made his initial commitment to George Mason. Brown and Bryant also extended offers to the in-state product – Providence and the University of Rhode Island, having accepted commitments from freshmen Alyn Breed and Ishmael Leggett, respectively, declined to do so during his initial recruitment."

Walter

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
I was afraid he was going to Davidson after the on-court romance he had with Hyunjung Lee.

sleeperpick

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
So DP will be announced as a Marquette assistant soon?
Anyone ever thought that DP is neither good enough in game coach or recruiter to go to a P5 like everyone has been rumoring? He’s no Martelli in game and he’s no Felton recruiting. So what benefits does he bring to be a top assistant at a P5? I personally think he was waiting for Grasso to bounce at Bryant for a better job but that never happened. Or at least so far it hasn’t.

Patriotsince81

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
Anyone ever thought that DP is neither good enough in game coach or recruiter to go to a P5 like everyone has been rumoring? He’s no Martelli in game and he’s no Felton recruiting. So what benefits does he bring to be a top assistant at a P5?
A Mountain Dew addiction? He could also introduce big schools to the lob over the top inbounds play and the hand off at the top of the key offense.

bravesfan

Starter
GIVING DAY 2023
Anyone ever thought that DP is neither good enough in game coach or recruiter to go to a P5 like everyone has been rumoring? He’s no Martelli in game and he’s no Felton recruiting. So what benefits does he bring to be a top assistant at a P5? I personally think he was waiting for Grasso to bounce at Bryant for a better job but that never happened. Or at least so far it hasn’t.

I was being sarcastic... :)

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023

he has some connections built up over the years so that’s probably why he could fit as an assistant somewhere but someone who’s better at getting talent has to seal the deal. Maybe he’d help a bit with the coaching but I’m not sure how much either.

he’s actually been rumored for central Connecticut in the NEC which I think would be a good spot for him. More appropriate than a bcs assistant in my opinion.

GMU79

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
he has some connections built up over the years so that’s probably why he could fit as an assistant somewhere but someone who’s better at getting talent has to seal the deal. Maybe he’d help a bit with the coaching but I’m not sure how much either.

he’s actually been rumored for central Connecticut in the NEC which I think would be a good spot for him. More appropriate than a bcs assistant in my opinion.
Yes, he had success at Williams and Bucknell. He has a national championship under belt for crying out loud. Failing in the A10 doesn't mean he's a bad coach. His niche just seems to be at a lower level. As Clint Eastwood would say, "a man's got to know his limitations." I think DP found his. No reason he can't have success moving forward.

Pablo

Hall of Famer

The fact that Boston College has not officially filled its final assistant position may indicate it's being held for Paulsen pending his efforts to obtain a head coaching position such as Central Connecticut State. Another possibility could be Central Michigan.

If he obtains a coaching position, the mitigation language in his GMU contract allows the school to offset his pay against the remainder of the buyout. So, it's in GMU's best interest if he is hired as a head or assistant coach for next season.

sleeperpick

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Yes, he had success at Williams and Bucknell. He has a national championship under belt for crying out loud. Failing in the A10 doesn't mean he's a bad coach. His niche just seems to be at a lower level. As Clint Eastwood would say, "a man's got to know his limitations." I think DP found his. No reason he can't have success moving forward.
he won't find success anywhere if he doesnt adapt to the transfer portal rather than giving 2 schollys a year to kids with no other offers and holding onto two more. That day is long gone and DP never adapted at Mason, not sure why we think he will all of a sudden adapt elsewhere

GMU79

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
he won't find success anywhere if he doesnt adapt to the transfer portal rather than giving 2 schollys a year to kids with no other offers and holding onto two more. That day is long gone and DP never adapted at Mason, not sure why we think he will all of a sudden adapt elsewhere
Div II and III are completely different ballgames. D III doesn't even offer scholarships. DP can do fine there. imo.