Goodbye Tyler Kolek

Dawgs99

Starter
This won't help this discussion but I'm going to say it anyway. IMO, Sleeper you lost all recruiting credibility when you bashed Oduro to no end the spring/summer before he arrived on campus. How many times did we hear that he had no business playing D1 ball? At times, it almost seemed oddly personal. Oduro has a chance to be an all league player before his time at Mason is finished and its obvious that CKE made him a priority when he arrived.

Oh, and lets not forget how you made it seem like Kolek couldn't possibly be any good because you were some expert on the league he played in. Sometimes in life we get it wrong, its fine, admit it and keep it moving. Constantly doubling down on obviously bad takes is just a bad look.

sleeperpick

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
This won't help this discussion but I'm going to say it anyway. IMO, Sleeper you lost all recruiting credibility when you bashed Oduro to no end the spring/summer before he arrived on campus. How many times did we hear that he had no business playing D1 ball? At times, it almost seemed oddly personal. Oduro has a chance to be an all league player before his time at Mason is finished and its obvious that CKE made him a priority when he arrived.

Oh, and lets not forget how you made it seem like Kolek couldn't possibly be any good because you were some expert on the league he played in. Sometimes in life we get it wrong, its fine, admit it and keep it moving. Constantly doubling down on obviously bad takes is just a bad look.
I admitted 3 times I was wrong about Kolek, jury still out to me on Oduro (apparently other coaches agree with me since JmU was the only half way decent team to offer him in the transfer portal) I still don’t think he’s very good. You all do and that’s great. You personally still believed in DP until his last breath. We get things wrong. But to say getting a scholarship as a senior to a P5 from a low level school is a modern miracle is just as dumb as my Kolek take. I don’t care about any credibility. I don’t act like I’m some super source. Again come see me in the gold room if you have issues. Probably won’t get as drunk this year now that I might actually enjoy the games

Dawgs99

Starter
Come see me in the gold room? You can't be serious. You just made QD's point. And for the record, I was off the DP bandwagon 2 years ago.

sleeperpick

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Come see me in the gold room? You can't be serious. You just made QD's point. And for the record, I was off the DP bandwagon 2 years ago.
Every 3 weeks you bring up me being wrong about Kolek (and your opinion) being wrong about Oduro. I think everyone here including me gets it. I was wrong about Kolek and you all think I’m wrong about Oduro. I’ll see you in another 3 weeks for the same post when I’m again talking about something totally separate.
I’m not trying to fight you in the gold room LOL only little bitch boy Brensy could get me to that level. But if you have a problem with my posts like you repeat every three weeks at least come tell me why to my face rather than recycling kolek every time.

I mean Christ sake I could say damn so excited for kevin English as the new coach and you reply with “but you got kolek and Oduro wrong” It’s odd

Dawgs99

Starter
Every 3 weeks you bring up me being wrong about Kolek (and your opinion) being wrong about Oduro. I think everyone here including me gets it. I was wrong about Kolek and you all think I’m wrong about Oduro. I’ll see you in another 3 weeks for the same post when I’m again talking about something totally separate.
I’m not trying to fight you in the gold room LOL only little bitch boy Brensy could get me to that level. But if you have a problem with my posts like you repeat every three weeks at least come tell me why to my face rather than recycling kolek every time.

I mean Christ sake I could say damn so excited for kevin English as the new coach and you reply with “but you got kolek and Oduro wrong” It’s odd
You've got the wrong guy, until today I've never called you out about Kolek, only Oduro.

Quentin Daniels

Hall of Famer
You personally still believed in DP until his last breath. We get things wrong.

But to say getting a scholarship as a senior to a P5 from a low level school is a modern miracle

When you have to fabricate quotes to prove your point, you really don't have a point.

2457102497_81fd86ee1c.jpg

By George.

Starter
We should rename this thread from "Goodbye Tyler Kolek" to "Goodbye Civility."

Hahahahahahahahaha

But seriously, it would be cool it somebody really did fight.
We can have a whole film crew there, Masonhoops can use it as a fundraiser, Bryan and Chris will call the match. Kaufman is the ref “Alright, LET’S GET IT ON, but please no swearing,” Petey will record punches landed and we’ll all drink beers.

.......So serious

Last edited:
Back to TK...

He was a really good get by DP. A decent sized guy for his position who provided smarts and shooting we sorely, sorely needed. Just a shame DP hadn't recruited enough Kolek-esque kids prior to landing him...

I grew up a Marquette fan and had some pretty cool locker room access there when I was a kid. My interest in them has waned this century, but certainly will root for TK and them to do well.

Of course now that there is vcu taint on them now, my interest in the "Warriors" has cooled even more...

Best of luck to Tyler!

By George.

Starter
People here keep referencing Paulson's Mountain Dew drinking but he gave up drinking them two years ago. His weight loss was noticeable as was Nyla's.

People only referencing it because Mason made it a bit in every interview he did. On NYE he also said something like his resolution was to quit “or reduce” his diet mt dew consumption. What grown man drinks a 6pack of any soda a day? Maybe I’m the weird one.