Goodbye Ronald Polite

Quentin Daniels

Hall of Famer
I'm not sure about the rest of you, but I'm extremely disappointed that Herndon's daughter didn't do better against the 4th graders and will, therefore, be boycotting her games this season and withholding donations to her team's candy-bar fundraiser. If Mason can beat UConn, then Little Miss Herndon should be able to hang with the big girls. :cool:

Excellent points all around. And you know why that is? Herdon's low expectations and satisfaction w/mediocre results I bet.

I'll give odds he's probably one of these limp-wristed unconditional love parents that doesn't care enough to scream encouragement during the game like, "get your a** back on defense" and "if you can't finish that layup don't even thing of coming home tonight."

Do you even bleacher coach Bro?

Herndon

All-Conference
Excellent points all around. And you know why that is? Herdon's low expectations and satisfaction w/mediocre results I bet.

I'll give odds he's probably one of these limp-wristed unconditional love parents that doesn't care enough to scream encouragement during the game like, "get your a** back on defense" and "if you can't finish that layup don't even thing of coming home tonight."

Do you even bleacher coach Bro?

LOL, dude I yell encouragement all the time! If that makes me a bleacher coach, I can live with that :)

99 Patriot

Starter
GIVING DAY 2023
Thrilled with the entire class we just signed, but particularly excited and relieved to have Polite’s signature on a commitment letter.

sleeperpick

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Why are people so high on Polite? Not being a dick, just curious. Haven’t gotten a chance to watch him play yet.
Kid seems like a legitimate QB for our offense. Facilitator who is a team first kid and can play defense to 3 positions. I like the signing quite a bit.
Still highest on Malik Henry out of this class. Very pleasantly surprised he landed here

Last edited:

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Why are people so high on Polite? Not being a dick, just curious. Haven’t gotten a chance to watch him play yet.

From what I remember was he was a quick point guard who could really facilitate and get to the basket. Its been a while so I may not be anywhere accurate.

That said, hes also rated very well in the DMV as you probably know.

Overall, the class seems to be very good and the quality of recruit appears to improve class over class

NewPatriot

Starter

https://twitter.com/BigShotsNation/status/1177238644547117057?s=19

8th rank PG in the DMV

"
8. Ronald Polite, Oxon Hill

Ronald Polite is a prospect at Oxon Hill High School who's really seen his stock grow over the past spring and summer. He's got a smooth game that does well to control the pace of the game as a true floor general. He's got nice length and makes crisp passes to teammates to get them easy buckets. He's also quite the rebounder for his size at 6-foot-1. He's headed to George Mason University after the 2019-20 high school season. ".

gmutom

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
It's always said you can never have too many point guards — hell, we went many years without having one — but Dave is going to have the Herculean task of finding enough minutes for Hartwell, Johnson and Polite over the next few seasons. Hartwell is obviously a good enough shooter to move over to the two, so my hunch is that we see him more there next year to open more minutes for Xavier and Polite.

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
It's always said you can never have too many point guards — hell, we went many years without having one — but Dave is going to have the Herculean task of finding enough minutes for Hartwell, Johnson and Polite over the next few seasons. Hartwell is obviously a good enough shooter to move over to the two, so my hunch is that we see him more there next year to open more minutes for Xavier and Polite.

I agree. That said, I'm not sure if Xavier is as pure of a PG and I could see Hartwell/Polite more playing that traditional point guard role. I see Xavier as more of a Bryan Allen, a bruising physical 2 guard who can shoot as needed. I could be completely wrong though.

Guess we will see how it shakes out.

gmutom

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
I see Xavier as more of a Bryan Allen, a bruising physical 2 guard who can shoot as needed. I could be completely wrong though.

I can see the Allen comparison, but Xavier also reminds me of Marquis Moore in terms of his body type and strength — especially in his ability to drive and score in the paint. XJ has a long way to go to be as good as Moore or Allen, but I think it's fair to say he ahead of both of those players at this same point in their respective careers.

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
I can see the Allen comparison, but Xavier also reminds me of Marquis Moore in terms of his body type and strength — especially in his ability to drive and score in the paint. XJ has a long way to go to be as good as Moore or Allen, but I think it's fair to say he ahead of both of those players at this same point in their respective careers.

Agreed. He’s almost the two skillsets in one haha. But definitely doing big things at this stage.

sleeperpick

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Some of the XJ conversation has brought up a roster management issue IMO. I admittedly know little about Polite other than his measurable and stat lines. Does he have potential to garner any time at the 2 next season? XJ has solidified his position within the squad and IMO cannot effectively play the 2 quite yet at a more permanent time.

Can Polite? If XJ's shot gets better and he learns to play a little on the ball defense he could be unstoppable. What can Polite do to help right away next season? We dramatically need freshman contributors right off the bat. I love Henry and have some pessimism about Kolek so I am hoping Polite can be a day one minutes eater and contributor? Jollay? Buehler?

Mason32

Starter
Some of the XJ conversation has brought up a roster management issue IMO. I admittedly know little about Polite other than his measurable and stat lines. Does he have potential to garner any time at the 2 next season? XJ has solidified his position within the squad and IMO cannot effectively play the 2 quite yet at a more permanent time.

Can Polite? If XJ's shot gets better and he learns to play a little on the ball defense he could be unstoppable. What can Polite do to help right away next season? We dramatically need freshman contributors right off the bat. I love Henry and have some pessimism about Kolek so I am hoping Polite can be a day one minutes eater and contributor? Jollay? Buehler?

They need bodies regardless, our bench last game was Mar, Calixte and a beat up Hartwell

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
If the roster doesn’t make space for Kier to return, depth and the 2 and 3 are a big question mark next year, but especially whoever is backing up Miller, because Hartwell, Polite, XJ and even Kolek aren’t big enough to be effective at the 3 spot. That leaves Haidara as your only option out there and who knows how ready he will be next year.

I don’t have a problem having Hartwell and XJ on the floor at the same time for about 5 mpg at most, but if we want to give Greene more than 5 minutes of rest (and he shouldn’t average 35 mpg next year if we want to be good), someone else needs to step into that backup roll.

Miller is going to be even worse if Kier doesn’t get a fifth year here.