Goodbye Ronald Polite

Pablo

Hall of Famer
T Nixon was a fun player to watch. He gave his all despite only being 6'6"

Question for @Pablo, was T Nixon the last Prop 48 kid we had on the roster?

Yes. Paul Westhead signed 3 players who were designated Prop. 48: Nate Langley & Kevin Ward in his first Mason recruiting class, and Nixon in his final recruiting class before he was fired. I spoke to Terrance Nixon about his situation, and he indicated that he was a good high school student at Oxon Hill, but didn't do well on his SAT. I believe that Terrance graduated from Mason with a dual major. And, unlike Langley and Ward, Nixon earned his 4th year of eligibility. So, he sat out the 1997-98 season as required and, then, played in 1998-2002.

He was a good kid, and I hope that he's doing well.

Yes. Paul Westhead signed 3 players who were designated Prop. 48: Nate Langley & Kevin Ward in his first Mason recruiting class, and Nixon in his final recruiting class before he was fired. I spoke to Terrance Nixon about his situation, and he indicated that he was a good high school student at Oxon Hill, but didn't do well on his SAT. I believe that Terrance graduated from Mason with a dual major. And, unlike Langley and Ward, Nixon earned his 4th year of eligibility. So, he sat out the 1997-98 season as required and, then, played in 1998-2002.

You are the man, thanks Pablo!

What was E Herring? A partial qualifier?

psyclone

Hall of Famer

Nixon sat in front of me last year (homecoming I think) with his wife and child (son, if I'm remembering correctly). Polite. Seemed to be flattered to be remembered.

TweederGMU

All-Conference
⭐️ Donor ⭐️

T-Nix and Q Randall were my good friends from high schools roommates in the mason townhouses one year.... think that was 99-2000. My friendw was a wrestler at Mason. I hungout over there a lot. Terrance would hang with us and play video games all night long. Q always had some girl over so he didn't hang with us much downstairs LOL.

I saw him a year or 2 ago at the game and we talked for like 20 minutes. He works for Fairfax County over across from Mason.... I think he does something with social services/child services in some aspect for the county.

Always liked him and would always cheer for him when he was on the court.

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Yeah more dunks like that please. He looks like he has the same frame as bones hyland, just hope he plays better.

gmutom

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
“Man, getting this win felt so good, bro,” senior guard Ronald Polite said. “Getting a title dub versus a team that we have history with, at the crib on senior night, you really can’t script this.”

Man, this kid just oozes cool. I wish I could pull off a quote like that. If anybody needs me, I'll be here at my crib working on it.