Goodbye Dave Paulsen

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Wonder what Paulsen is thinking of all this hype? Is he paying attention? Is he spiking his Mt.Dew?

I'd hope hes not bitter because the note he tweeted out certainly didn't seem like he was. If nothing more I would hope hes rooting for the program and hopeful that someone can take what he helped lay a foundation for.

Old Man

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
I'd hope hes not bitter because the note he tweeted out certainly didn't seem like he was. If nothing more I would hope hes rooting for the program and hopeful that someone can take what he helped lay a foundation for.
I don't think Paulson is bitter. What's the saying, "As a college basketball coach, you're hired to be fired.". Paulson knows he didn't get it done. He had to see this coming, or thought he'd get at least one more year due to COVID.

But it doesn't matter anymore; Paulson's gone and English class begins!

Pikapppatri8

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
I don't Paulson is bitter. What's the saying, "As a college basketball coach, you're hired to be fired.". Paulson knows he didn't get it done. He had to see this coming, or thought he'd get at least one more year due to COVID.

Agreed, he is not the first college hoops coach to be let go and he could learn from this and do well at his next gig. The higher up you are in any organization the greater the chance for hitting the "its time we parted ways " conversation.

Can't let it get you down.

But - having a younger energetic fresh face come after him to warm acceptance will probably make him rethink his Mountain Dew addiction.

Falco

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
Wonder what Paulsen is thinking of all this hype? Is he paying attention? Is he spiking his Mt.Dew?
Who wouldn’t be slightly bitter. Paulsen intentionally thanked everyone except the new president.

I think the below statement shows that Paulsen thought he did enough to come back for one more year.

“our 5 consecutive wins at the end of the season.... is a testament to our players character and resolve”.

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Who wouldn’t be slightly bitter. Paulsen intentionally thanked everyone except the new president.

I think the below statement shows that Paulsen thought he did enough to come back for one more year.

“our 5 consecutive wins at the end of the season.... is a testament to our players character and resolve”.

Maybe...conflicted maybe is the right word, not bitter. He also acknowledged the fact that he didn't raise a banner (which shows he knows the reason he was canned).

gmubrian

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
I don't think Paulson is bitter. What's the saying, "As a college basketball coach, you're hired to be fired.". Paulson knows he didn't get it done. He had to see this coming, or thought he'd get at least one more year due to COVID.

I see a new T-Shirt idea for Gunnie in this post.

"It's time for English class!"