Game 9: GMU (4-4) vs Toledo (5-2) on Saturday, December 3, at 2:00 PM.

GSII

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
Who was out for Toledo? Their top two scorers played I believe.
He played injured. I think it was the chubby guy. Didn't start last 2 games but you could tell he had no push off on his foot. Still scored on Josh.

Jack Strop

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
It impressed with Toledo. Yet again, we faced a team not 100%. I thought our help D was bad, they looked like a middle school team.
I guess Toledo left too many superfluous points in Richmond on Wednesday in order to beat Mason today

Patriot Lawdog

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Winning at home against a solid team when your best player is a big nothing burger is very impressive. I don't want to hear about how they had a guy or two banged up. We've had guys banged up many times this year already. The defense was excellent. Very encouraged that we're improving on that end in a hurry. GS just is dying to be the guy who said "I told you so". Give that schtick a rest.

phoenix-arizona

All-American
It was my yearly in person GMU game. Sat in the student section--they were a little subdued. Defense looked solid and GMU loves to launch the tre. Still struggle to land free throws but made them down the stretch when it counted.

I wish there wasn't a singer(s) with the band. The singers couldn't hit some of the high notes and generally it overwhelmed the songs the band was trying to play.

psyclone

Hall of Famer
It was my yearly in person GMU game. Sat in the student section--they were a little subdued. Defense looked solid and GMU loves to launch the tre. Still struggle to land free throws but made them down the stretch when it counted.

I wish there wasn't a singer(s) with the band. The singers couldn't hit some of the high notes and generally it overwhelmed the songs the band was trying to play.
Agree about the singers. For my money, the only one who added value was the one who did the Aretha covers a few years ago. She was special!

GMU_DCU

All-Conference

Also not a fan of the singers in the band. Makes the whole thing appear like karaoke, pretty terrible to be honest and I’ve always been a big supporter of TGM.

JimP

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Not sure the 2:00 Saturday games are good for attendance. Student attendance appeared paltry yesterday.

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Not sure the 2:00 Saturday games are good for attendance. Student attendance appeared paltry yesterday.
Sucks to hear. At this point I don't know what could entice students other than having an open bar during the game, lol.

Hopefully if they keep winning at home and winning in general, that will setup for some really fun games in January/February that are meaningful. I have to think most students were like "why would we care about playing Toledo".

Any ideas with how the crowd was in general? I saw some folks on the videoboard and it looked as if folks thought they were at a classical concert as usual.

JimP

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Sucks to hear. At this point I don't know what could entice students other than having an open bar during the game, lol.

Hopefully if they keep winning at home and winning in general, that will setup for some really fun games in January/February that are meaningful. I have to think most students were like "why would we care about playing Toledo".

Any ideas with how the crowd was in general? I saw some folks on the videoboard and it looked as if folks thought they were at a classical concert as usual.
Made some noise down the stretch, but the classical concert comparison rings true. The band (I think it was the band) did a nice job stomping on the bleachers to get some semblance of a defense chant going.