Game 9: GMU (4-4) vs Toledo (5-2) on Saturday, December 3, at 2:00 PM.

Leesburg Chankenstank III

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
I know you pride yourself playing the old curmudgeon role here, but try to do better than that after our best win of the year.

Josh had an off night, but maybe you could find the positive in Henry stepping up to help fill the void. As good as Cooper was, Malik to me was the player of the game.
If you can’t see that we played better without Josh today you’re blind and I don’t what damn game you were watching.

No one’s saying we don’t need Josh. He’s still our MVP. But when He’s down he’s really down and it slows up our offensive flow. It’s good to have an alternative approach when your star is struggling

Earl the Squirrel

Sixth Man
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
I know you pride yourself playing the old curmudgeon role here, but try to do better than that after our best win of the year.

Josh had an off night, but maybe you could find the positive in Henry stepping up to help fill the void. As good as Cooper was, Malik to me was the player of the game.
No arguement from me, though I think VB is equally deserving. Played great D, stayed within himself, did not turn the ball over, and hit his FTs to close out.

gmutom

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
No one’s saying we don’t need Josh. He’s still our MVP. But when He’s down he’s really down and it slows up our offensive flow
Chank, what part of “Josh had an off night“ was unclear in my post? He’s definitely having an underwhelming season, but he was a non-factor today because of dumb fouls and only playing 14 minutes.

I just don’t get slamming the guy in a 7-point win. It‘s a good sign moving forward that we can win despite him being on the bench, Ticket going 1-6 from 3, and Polite having more turnovers than assists. That’s the most encouraging part of this win to me.

Last edited:

sleeperpick

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Chank, what part of “Josh had an off night“ was unclear in my post? He’s definitely having an underwhelming season, but he was a non-factor today because of dumb fouls and only playing 14 minutes.

I just don’t get slamming the guy in a 7-point win. It‘s a good sign moving forward that we can win despite him being on the bench, Ticket going 1-6 from 3, and Polite having more turnovers than assists. That’s the most encouraging part of this win to me.
This ^^^^ we won with our best player being a net negative, ticket clanking the rim (big 6 for 6 free throws down the stretch and amazing defense all game) and Polite not being very good today. This is a 20 point loss with DP as the coach and even last year. What a game by Coop and Henry specifically. Splashes from singleton on d, Fernandez on O and Ojiako made it fun to watch. Never had the feeling of “oh shit Oduro sucks today we are going to lose by 20” that we had all last year and in the tourney. Oduro has sucked 75% of the time this year so we gotta play games like this despite our best player being an offensive suck and the always bad defense and bad fouls.

Color me full impressed with the win. Malik defense for Oduro offense subs at the end of the game was the chefs kiss. I don’t think we win without Henry in there last 2 mins or so.

Leesburg Chankenstank III

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️

It just seems any criticism of Josh really irks you. No one else said he was worthless either but you seem to take it to take it that way every time

GMU79

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023

Playing the role!? I AM an old curmudgeon. ;)
But you are right, this was a really good win. Maybe CKE is turning this thing around. This season could get interesting. Fingers crossed!

gmutom

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
It just seems any criticism of Josh really irks you. No one else said he was worthless either but you seem to take it to take it that way every time
Not at all. This honestly isn’t about Josh. He’ll be making more than both of us combined playing overseas at this time next season, so he doesn’t need me to defend him. It just irks pisses me off when we we have our best win of the year and a fan’s sole takeaway is that one of our players sucked.

GSII

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
Not impressed with Toledo. Yet again, we faced a team not 100%. I thought our help D was bad, they looked like a middle school team.

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Not impressed with Toledo. Yet again, we faced a team not 100%. I thought our help D was bad, they looked like a middle school team.
Come on man, our defense was insanely good today. No shot was unchallenged, and they didn’t play at the speed they wanted which really bothered them.

This is the same team that beat Richmond by 20 a few nights ago.

Last edited:

JimP

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Who was out for Toledo? Their top two scorers played I believe.